Thread: Need Extended Desktop preferences reset on undocking, rebooting, or sleep mode.

Need Extended Desktop preferences reset on undocking, rebooting, or sleep mode.

I have my laptop fitted with a View Sonic monitor to the right of the laptop. I prefer to use the extended desktop configuration. The laptop screen is the main screen View Sonic monitor is my secondary display. I've had this laptop for just a couple of weeks. Whenever he goes to sleep, is disengaged, or rebooting, it "forgets" the settings screen and returns to a default desktop with monitor cloned configured as primary. Interestingly, before it returns to the default settings, which very briefly shows the extended desktop with my preferred settings. Then you have to manually reconfigure the display properties. A real pain to do several times a day. Can anyone suggest on this.

Re: Need Extended Desktop preferences reset on undocking, rebooting, or sleep mode.

I have gone through this same issue and would like to suggest you the following steps and so that you can solve your issue. To do this follow the below steps: first make hit on the start and after that make hit on the run. Now on the run program type devmgmt.msc and then hit the ok button. Now you will get the Device Manager and under that make hit on the action and after that make hit on the Scan for hardware changes. Now once you finish the scanning restart your system and after that go through your issue.

Re: Need Extended Desktop preferences reset on undocking, rebooting, or sleep mode.

I would like suggest you the following steps and so that you can solve your issue. To do this you need to delete some registry key. To do these go through the following steps: make a select on the start icon and after that make click on the run. Now on the run program type Regedit and then hit the ok button. Now on the registry windows go to the following location: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MobilePC\TMM. Now here make right click on the sub key and after that delete it. Now once you delete this on restart your system and after that go through your issue.

I have faced the same issue on mine system as well and I would like to suggest you the following steps and so that you can solve your issue. To do this make hit on the start and after that go to the control panel. Now on the control panel select the Appearance and Personalization and under that make hit on the adjust screen resolution. Now select the Extend these displays and after that make hit on the ok button. Now once you finish this restart your system and after that go through your issue.

I’d would advise you the following steps and so that you can solve your issue. to do this follow below the steps:
    • First go to the start program and after that make hit on the control panel.
    • Now under that make select on the Appearance and Personalization and then click on the Personalization.
    • After that make hit on the Display Settings
    • Now on the Display Settings Go to the monitor tab and after that make check mark on the Extend the desktop onto this monitor check box.
    • Now once you finish this hit the ok button and then go through your issue.

Final breakthrough came when someone pointed out that the screen has a detection feature that automatically switches to portrait mode when in tablet and instead of hand, then back to landscape when he returned to the laptop. When scanned, the time interval for the update was the same interval of time associated with the switch landscape portrait. Some people suggested to be solved by right-clicking the desktop and use the display properties and the clone of Intel, etc. This is never stable for me.