Thread: Screen glitches on Nvidia Geforce 7150m/Nforce 630M with Windows Vista.

Screen glitches on Nvidia Geforce 7150m/Nforce 630M with Windows Vista.

Hello guys, I am having HP Pavilion DV2700 with Windows Vista and for graphics I am using Nvidia Geforce 7150m / Nforce 630M. And the problem is while I play games or when I open the pictures I get narrower screen compared to the normal screen, and mostly I get black and white with the purples stripes and some time purples touches, but when I open videos , they open normally, while playing videos I don’t have any problem. Please help me out because I don’t have much knowledge about computer related stuffs. Please help.

Re: Screen glitches on Nvidia Geforce 7150m/Nforce 630M with Windows Vista.

Hey that’s the same query I was looking for, I have same graphic configuration on my Dell laptop. I searched a lot about this query on the net but I did not find any relative post or the answer. The version of drivers of my geforce 7150M is 179.91 on internet I found that the latest version is beta 179.48. But I think its due to the Windows update which is not installed properly. And when I searched on HP it gives large number of list of drivers I don’t know which I have to install.

Well but you can update Windows any time, can you tell us what errors you are getting while updating the Windows. May be this problem is just because of the firewall and due to the security programs which are installed in your system. So before installing the windows update disable the security programs and then restart your system and then try to update the Windows. Hope this thing will work for you. I normally peoples don’t have any problem in updating Windows unless they have some issue with the network.

Dude instead of trying of all that stuffs you can try the Windows forums support in which the moderators will work for you. You don’t have to do anything special in that. You just have to visit the Windows Vista forums, and there you will find a " ! " - Exclamation mark in the red triangle just click on that icon let the moderator perform the action by telling them that what is the issue with your system? I used it many times and every time they resolved by problem. And if the problem get solved don’t forget to appreciate there work.

That’s so nice of you guys, thanks guys for taking concern on my query. First of all I am not from computer field so I wouldn’t be able to solve this problem on my own, after reading the suggestion I visited Windows Vista site and just did what you guys have said and then they have given me few set of instruction and I just followed them and in the end my problem was solved, thanks guys for helping me out. I can’t believe, it was me who did all the settings work on my system. Thank you,