Thread: DeLL Dimension XPS 400 is not booting up

DeLL Dimension XPS 400 is not booting up

The title says it all I am facing this problem ever since I had brought this desktop computer at my place and whenever I switch on the system all it gives me is the green light and nothing else. I tried several attempts like changing the psu and rest other things but none of them gave me any perfect solution for this problem. At first I though there must be some problem with the power switch. So that’s why I opened up the cabinet and saw that only status lights 2 and 3 are on 1 and 4 off. I tried several attempts to turn them on but all went futile for me. So please help. Suggest me something.

Re: DeLL Dimension XPS 400 is not booting up

If you ask me what I would like to say is that if we take a look at the lights that were glowing up then the 2 and the 3 numbers on means that either a hard drive failure or a floppy drive failure. So in such situation I would advice you to reset the data cable at the hard drive and also at the motherboard. See if there is any noticeable changes in the result. So do have a proper check of that and work on it accordingly. One more thing that I would like to advise you is that do have a proper check of the power cable. See if that gives you some encouraging result. So check all the suggestions that I have given you here and I hope that it will help you.

Yes it seems to be a hard disk failure check out with some other stable hard disks such as pata or ide hard drive and see if that will give you some result or not. I think that will be optimal for you to check out with the other hard drives. I would also advice you to have a check with the motherboard and see if that gives you any result. I think that’s the perfect suggestion that I can give it you right now at this moment. Do work on it.

See if you are not getting any solutions with the suggestions that are given above then I would advise you to check with the dell customer support. I think they will be able to give you some perfect some solution for this problem and I hope that it will work out with you. So you can try this suggestion as well. If none of the above solutions are working for you. So go ahead and have a talk with them and let us know if you have got the problem solved or not.

Ok, even I think that the problem is with the hard drive and I will hope that the problem will get solved by replacing the hard drive. So thanks a lot for making me think on the problem and giving me some appropriate solution for that. So thanks a lot for the solutions that you all have given here. I will soon remove the hard drive and replace it as early as possible. So thanks a lot for all the suggestions that you have given me.