Thread: AGP video not giving a proper output signal to s-video card

AGP video not giving a proper output signal to s-video card

Hello everyone I am facing this problem from quite sometime. I just recently brought a Dell GX-270, actually I am thinking to use our crt tv as our monitor. So what I did was s-video output from the card is connected to my home theater amp and that in turn is connected to the crt tv. Now after installing a new card i.e. 9200 8x agp card, nothing is getting displayed. I even had the bios set to gp but that also did not help me much. I even had a thorough check with the cables and it seems all are working perfect. So what is the problem here. Is there any solution that you can suggest for me, if there is then please do let me know about it.

Re: AGP video not giving a proper output signal to s-video card

See the problem might be due to the crt tv monitor which you are planning to connect it with the cpu. See crt tv is a very poor monitor and even have a poor resolution. So don’t think that it will give you a good output. It will give you a poor resolution which will be lower than the 14” monitor. So as such there is no problem In the procedure that you have described above. So there is nothing much to worry in here. Just change the decision of making the crt tv as your monitor and the rest will be fine.

Well I did a deeper check at the problem and I realized that there is some problem with the HD cable only. I first went through the analog connection and then through the digital connection then also the result was not appreciative as there was no video signal. I checked the diagnostic lights and to my surprise all the four diagnostic lights are working really very well but there is no boot beep. I even tried reconnecting the Hd cable and the hd light does comes and goes. I think there must be some problem with the hd or the motherboard of the system. What do you all think about this.

Just try using the integrated graphic card that you are having in the system. According to me removing the agp card will be of lot of beneficial for you. Since the integrated card and the agp card might interfere in the working, so just try working with the integrated card only and then see the result. I would also like you to try resetting the video to auto detect in BIOS. See if that helps or not. That’s my suggestion for you. Do try it and let me know if that works or not.

I just want to know which motherboard are you using it would be better if you could have given me more information on that. So that I would be able to identify the cause of the problem. I would also advice you to check if your monitor supports both the dvi and the hd port, if it supports then I would advice you to connect the on-board VGA port to the monitor and the video card DVI port to the monitor, so that with the alternate switch you will get the idea which one is working.

I just had a talk with the dell support staff and they have said there is some issue with the motherabo9ard and it would be better if you could get them replaced as soon as possible. So that’s what I am thinking and lets hope that I get a replacement of the motherboard as soon as possible. Anyways thanks fr all the help that you have given me. Really appreciate your efforts for helping me out in the solutions. So thanks a lot for that.