Thread: I decided to purchase a new monitor the Benq EW2420

I decided to purchase a new monitor the Benq EW2420

I have gone through a few forums recently where users hassle over choosing a nice monitor. i am on the same vessel as I have been searching for a replacement to change my exisiting couple of 19" 1280x1024 AU Optronics P-MVA screens (HP LP1965) as i have been dedicating my attention over my home PC are gaming and watching video , with the least attention over picture editing. A 4:3 aspect ratio is great for normal Windows work, documentation, etc, but obviously less so for gaming or widescreen video.So I made-up my mind over a new monitor the Benq EW2420 (24" 1920x1080 A-MVA).

Re: I decided to purchase a new monitor the Benq EW2420

i to wanted a 1920x1200 resolution which turned my attention over to the HP ZR24W and Dell U2410... but they proved to bereally costly so i stopped thinking about them. but your idea seems quite nice the Benq EW2420 is great and very good priceit’s using LED backlighting technology and has a aspect ratio of 16:9 with contrast of 3000:1 and 20 million:1 DCR ans it also has USB 2.0 ports x4, audio input and headphone jack, 2x 1.5W speakers what more do u need in a monitor. it is a great pick.

I got hold of one and was able to see it’s features first hand but want to know more about it because i was not able to get it turned on, at least from what I have heard. Is there a loss of shadow detail when viewed from front or it's just the gamma shift at angles that ends up "revealing" more detail When viewing the Lagom viewing angle test screen, how far away do youhave to sit to avoid the gamma shift at the sides Also, does yours have a LED "ripple" across the bottom of the screen. I've seen a few people mentioning it over other forums and I'm not sure if it's a "feature" or not. Thanks.

This monitor has a very plain in design, it is said to have trouble with blackish color reproduction, and adds huge amount of green on to the screen when watching the movies it has only 1.5 watt spks why does it even have any still as compared to price the monitor is great for people haveing low budget. When you think of it that way it is a great package it is LED back lit. a great package of features for low budget buyers.

The monitor is of a fair value because it packs many goodies that come along the monitor at such a budget price tag. With the monitor you get a VA panel which gives a vibrant 3000:1 true contrast. The difference between true contrast ratio and DCR is that true contrast ratio makes a difference. With the EW2420 you will see plenty of dynamic and deep blacks which are especially prominent when it comes to watching videos or browsing pictures, but especially when you are watching high definition blue ray content, where the richness of depth comes to your favor. I would definitely agree that the colors are brilliantly perspiring and wide defined, as few reviews have claimed the VA panel series from BenQ (including EW2420) is comparable with e-IPS monitors such as U2311H. Even if the angles are not as spot on as seen IPS panels, for for only the cost you pay for EW2420 you will surely be buying for a lot in return. It comes with the superb clarity the buyer does also get very clean whites and superb sharp text for working or browsing the internet.it also offers, the EW2420 is very nicely generous by having 1 DVI, 2 HDMI,1 D-Sub, 1 DVI, 2 USB ports, 1 D-Sub, and 2 attached speakers. The sound on it is fair, and nothing too promising, but that is nothing new . Overall I would say great value, great performance, great value, and great package.