Thread: ATI Radeon X1650: Monitor turning off while playing game

ATI Radeon X1650: Monitor turning off while playing game

Few days before, I purchased an ATI video card x1650 AGP 8x 512ddr2 and I have a trouble: Each time while I play a game that Crysis, Turok and other my monitor is switching off or my PC is resuming after 3 to 5 minutes in game. Usually first is blocking the game, after that my monitor is switching off, after that I can perceive sounds in game and each command works (shoot, walk, swim, jump) in game, but my monitor is off. I can solve that just restarting the PC. I don’t know why this happening. Please anyone have any idea about this?

Re: ATI Radeon X1650: Monitor turning off while playing game

Once, my friend also faced the same problem, so I have bit idea about this. You should attempt using “Driver Cleaner Pro”. Uninstall your present ATI drivers, boot into safe mode in windows, sprint Driver Cleaner Pro with all the ATI and Nvidia selections chosen, boot back into normal windows, after that attempt the most recent ATI drivers. This is work in my friends case. I wish this is also useful for you.

Looking on over 400 website, I establish, lastly, one answer. Can be from Source, my source is 380W, but I don't think it work actually at 380w, I guess is functioning lower. For 2 GB RAM, Motherboard, hard drive, coolers, DVD-rw, my video card, with cooling and other, I presume it's low. After that while I am going on larger games, which is needs additional system, my video card is going to utilize more power. More and much more that can support and after that is occurrence what's occur. Similar while I have overclock on processor, that crash is frequently, because it going to utilize more power.

I can't imagine your PSU is that terrible, a 1650PRO is a quite weak card, I am personally astonished it will even PLAY Crysis in any way (I have one too for a HTPC) in the "run" box, run "dxdiag", go to the "display1" tab, and sprint the "test direct3d" and "test direct draw" it's is a well prospect of driver troubles, as I know that my 1650 PRO just can utilize about 4 driver packs from ATI to work by any means, so you may have to explore for a driver pack that works .

Generally the monitor going blank is from to advanced refresh rate and or resolution attempting to run a monitor at superior than speck can result in damage to the monitor if you running Microsoft windows XP take a look in the CCC someplace in there is a setting for vsync control. So if you utilize say 1024x768-32bpp and it can handle 85Hz put it to that in CCC. I wish this will solve your problem. Let me know about your situation after attempting this.

I agree with above guy, especially if it’s on an LCD. I do suppose that PSU of yours is somewhat shiest too (in spite of if it can power it) having just sufficient or too diminutive power won't do too good actually, May not too terrible but I would attempt to upgrade that will guy to as a minimum 500w, that's just me though. Having too much is superior to having too little in my opinion, especially if you are going to overclock.