Thread: Use Xbox 360 with DVI monitor

Use Xbox 360 with DVI monitor

I have just purchased a new wide screen 22" monitor intended for gaming on my computer and Xbox 360. It simply has single DVI-D input and single VGA/D-sub input. The resolution it supports is 1680x1050. At the moment I have my computer using the DVI-D input, except I presume I can purchase a connector if I need to. Does anybody know how I can make use of my Xbox 360 on this monitor? I don't yet recognize what kind of Xbox it is... just the fundamental model I presume. Do I require having an "Elite" edition for HD? I am demanding to go into gaming efficiently and would like peak superiority video as well as audio.

Re: Use Xbox 360 with DVI monitor

You can purchase a VGA cable for the Xbox 360. Doesn't issue what model you contain, they'll all plug the monitor through good 720p-ness. Won't obtain 1080p out of it for the reason that your monitor simply goes equal to 1680x1050, 1050 being the digit to look at. VGA cable is the method - except in favor of info the 1680x1050 resolution is becoming preference from the drop 08 update - as a result will pixel match to the screen completely

If your Xbox 360 contains an HDMI port, make use of IT. HDMI has a much superior maximum resolution than VGA. You will require a converter to translate from HDMI toward DVI, these can be originate online for a hardly any dollars. On the other hand, DVI does not take sound. You will have to plug in a separate wire intended for sound. Take a typical 360 A/V cable and slash the plastic off the ending of the cable. This will allow you to put in together the HDMI cable as well as the A/V cable into your Xbox 360 at the equal instance. Afterward you can fix the A/V cable toward headphones otherwise a speaker system.

Microsoft Xbox 360 is simply VGA and it would price you huge bucks to obtain an adapter to set off from VGA toward DVI-A. VGA is Analog and to renovate VGA toward DVI-D is further difficult than converting VGA-DVI-A and as a result it is firm to discover whichever converters for it and such price a complete heck of assign in excess of just normal VGA-DVI. It would price hundreds of dollar almost certainly to obtain one and from the looks of places you can discover them who know if you would essentially forever get it.

In my opinion I urge you to connect the Xbox 360 to the DVI monitor using the DVI cable only. I hope that the DVI monitor also has some other useful ports for displaying video or picture from other source. If get any in the monitor then use it connect to the PC. For PC you will get any kind of converter or adapter as external device or as cable or as PCI card. Find the compatible one and try to connect it from that. I hope that you will surely going to succeed at that point.

For an Xbox to DVI monitor it would be difficult to find a proper converter. So it would be better if you connect it straight as it is. For PC to DVD monitor you can make the connection anyhow by the use a compatible converter. In both situations the problem is about the audio. For this you either needs to use headphone otherwise make use of the external sound system by connecting it to the monitor. Either way you can use monitor with both systems.