Thread: SIS MirageResolution is not changing due to SIS graphic card in windows 7 3 Graphics Resolution Problem

SIS MirageResolution is not changing due to SIS graphic card in windows 7 3 Graphics Resolution Problem

I am having a computer which is having a windows vista operating system present in it, till today the computer was working fine, and it was not giving any of the problems in it till today. But I was facing some of the problem after I what done some of the update in it with regard to the graphic card and some in the security concern. The problem is that the before I was doing any of the update I was able to go till the resolution of about 1024x768 and above that also. But after doing the update the resolution that was provided it is between 1024x768 and 800x600. But before this I was getting the resolution about the value, so I am not able to understand what to do about it. The graphic card that is present in the computer is SIS Mirage 3 Graphic card and the version is V5535.

Re: SIS MirageResolution is not changing due to SIS graphic card in windows 7 3 Graphics Resolution Problem

The best thing that you can do is to reinstall the operating system that is the windows 7 again and all the drivers which you have currently updated in the computer and see the effect of it in it, I hope this will give you an indication where the problem is , but if the problem is still present then it will be the problem of the driver update or the operating system update, the best thing that you can do is to revert all the update to the best know configuration where this kind of the problem was not happening, once everything is working fine then you just do the update of the system one by one and se the result and where the problem is been happening in it.

Re: SIS MirageResolution is not changing due to SIS graphic card in windows 7 3 Graphics Resolution Problem

I am also facing some of the problem related to the resolution in the laptop of mine, the problem is that when I am using the laptop which is the wide screen one the resolution is not been setting in a proper way, the display that I can see is slightly stretched and it is giving some blur effect in the side of the monitor, after doing the regular updation of the driver and other software I have seen that the resolution is not getting set according to what I wasn’t in it. Also the problem is that I am not able to set the resolution above the 1280 and other value that is present in it.

I will assume that the operating system that you are using in the laptop is the windows vista, as the update that you have done is having some of the problem in it, as because of that the error is occurring in it, so just revert all the update that you have done in it, and check how the system is working, if it working fine then you can go with the vista driver, also see that the driver which I you are having is not the bug present in it, this is happening because the drivers are having bug or it is not compatible with the laptop or the software that is present in it. So just go with the vista driver it will help you in coming out of the problem that you are facing in it.

Did you scan the laptop for the error that is present in it, I hope there must be some of the problem in the register value which must have changed for some modification that is been done in the laptop, so just use some tools which will help you in rectifying the problem that is present in the laptop, so clean the register value and just check what is the effect after you doing this thing, this kind of the problem happens because of the changing of the software that is done in the system regularly and some time the value of the previous software or you can say it as the driver also remain in it, and when it search for the support from the software, it will not get because there is no software that is present in it.

I thought the problem that I am having will be solved in this section as I have a lot of faith in you people, so here the problem that I am facing in it. The laptop that I am having in it is Advent 5421 Laptop, and the operating system that is present in it is windows vista basic. I tried upgrading it in windows Ultimate, and after doing that, the monitor resolution was good quality, but I couldn’t have Windows Aero present in it. So I tried updating the driver, from the windows update, and that cleared the trouble, then there was windows Aero present in the laptop. But these degrade the resolution of the laptop. As I was not getting any of the solution so I turned towards the SiS website, I used the quick find tool, by choosing the operating system, then graphics category, then lastly graphics card, and downloaded there driver, which i consider was a Vista Driver? No problem in it, I uninstalled the present driver, and installed the latest one, and the problem is been solved in it.

Thanks for the reply and the various solution that you have provided to me, I have seen that the problem was in the driver, which I was not knowing in it, so I change as per the guidance that have you people have been provided in it, I took some of the help of the Google to come out from the difficulty in the between the steps that I was happening, but the final result that I got was the solution that I was finding in the thread and in the internet.