Thread: Need BIOS mod Support for nVidia Quadro 3600M in Dell M1710

Need BIOS mod Support for nVidia Quadro 3600M in Dell M1710

I am using the Dell M1710 laptop which is having all the features including nVidia Geforce 9400Gs (G71) graphic card. But it failed due to some problems.I decided to take the nVidia Quadro 3600 from a Dell M6300. It works normally,however there was an issue with the brightness of the screen, the system didnt identified the card correctly and so the brightness control didnt work and it starts with a very dim brightness which cannot be changed. I am not knowing how to update the BIOS.Please anyone help me out?

Re: Need BIOS mod Support for nVidia Quadro 3600M in Dell M1710

According to me,I'm not sure about that because the Quadro 3500M works fine on the Dell M6300.Also,I dont think that this will be a BIOS problem. All video has different cards.I am not sure about the nVidia Quadro 3600M,but the brightness controls works with the nVidia Quadro 1600M (G84) graphic card. The Screen is not listed as it is not known by the BIOS and that is why it works. You can go to the Dells website and see the solution,you will get the proper workout.

we can pass the video card bios for controlling the brightness of the screen. I am also taking the wires which are needed there for powering the inverter and also putting a switch on it for switching from bios control to manual control. There is also a knob for adjusting the voltage coming in and going out. I am also having the doubt whether the inverter changes the voltage given to the bulb or the current? Accoding to me soldering is also involved, Please tell me if anyone thinks it's possible.

I am Not at all sure about this, so it is going to be a blank response to you. Till you can write BIOS code for it,I am not aware about of what else you can try,
    The inverter communicates to the Computer via digital communications which consists of digital signals and the inverter translates digital signal into a analog voltage, So if there are any Mods it should be done at the inverter side and not of any where. That is all what I can suggest to you.

According to me Dell inverters doesnot have any problems.
    So I'm just guessing about this. Older notebooks were having inverters with powerline,backup,commands like on and off which are used for putting inverter on & off.It also has the brightness control function.On the new models brightness control is done into some protocol or bus cycle.If we loss the brightness control over the screen after changing the videocard we can change the inverter,due to which we can gain the control.

We can also search about the chips which are normally used in inverters.Due the help of chips,inverter performs the actions.There is also an another way that will satisfy you,but i think so that you will loose the brightness control.You can replace the inverter pins with an old style of on-off connection.We can use the pin which is having voltage opening and closing for on-off command.Hope this will satisfy you.