Thread: Is ASUS GTX580 DirectCU II a reference card?

Is ASUS GTX580 DirectCU II a reference card?

Hey guys i want to know whether this above mentioned card is a reference card or not? If it is then please do let me know about it. I will soon be purchasing waterblock and hence i would want to know whether this card is a reference card or not? I did try to find some information from many websites but i was unable to get anything from anywhere. So anyone of you knows if this is a reference card then please do get back to me as early as possible.

Re: Is ASUS GTX580 DirectCU II a reference card?

I am not sure that whether it is a reference card or not but I would advice you to get the Asus ENGGTX580. Now why I am advising you to do that is because it is a good reference card and it has a good heatsink in it and hence I advice you to have a proper look at the card in any of the asus websites. So i hope you have understood what i am trying to say here and i hope that you will definitely like the product that i have mentioned here.

According to me the DirectCU II is the wrong option that you have tried and hence I must say that the card is a wrong option that you have brought and hence I think going with the above option would be the right one to go. I am really amazed that you went with this one since it has ridiculous temperature showing in the system i.e 29 degrees in the idle as well as the 45 degrees in full usage. So right now only one thing that I can say here is that you have made a wrong decision by going with the DirectCU II.

According to me the ASUS GTX 580 DirectCU II is not a reference design simply because it does not have a over current protection chip, it has some 10 phase power design, also a pci e connector all these requirements does not satisfy the reference design. Hence I am saying that going with the asus ENGGTX580 is a better option simply because it is an example of good reference design. So with the present DirectCU II there is no usage of water block in it.

See if you have any confusions in your mind then I would better advice you to have a talk with the asus customer support about this matter so that you will get a better confirmation from all of them. I think that’s a better solution for you. So do go ahead and try working on the solutions that I have given you here and I must say that it will be of lot of help for you. So go ahead and post in your query there, you might get the same response that you have received here.

Hey thanks for the help. It was indeed correct solutions provided by you all and i must say that now I am confirmed that DirectCU II is not a reference design. As of now I am thinking to go with the model that you all have suggested lets hope that it will prove to be a good one. So thanks for all the information guys hadn’t I taken your reference I will not be knowing about the solutions. So thanks a lot for all your efforts.