Thread: Video cards not working properly with MSI K9A Platinum

Video cards not working properly with MSI K9A Platinum

I recently bought a Radeon 5770, but could not work. I did connect properly, bought a bigger power, but the PC does not even start. The fans were working but the monitor was stand by and nothing happened, so I went back to my card and get another, but this time nvidia and here comes my problem in this: I changed it to a top 460 asus 768 MB but still I have problems with it, I have a resolution of 640x480 with 4 bit color and cannot be changed. Windows cannot see my card correctly; the device manager wrote there are problems of supply.

Re: Video cards not working properly with MSI K9A Platinum

Hello having similar problem. I try many things but no success. I uninstall the other drivers and get the most up-to-date, use a larger power supply (600w chieftec), make use of another PCIe slot, even I reinstall XP - but nothing worked until now. I use a version of the bios 1.7 and wondering if it's worth upgrading 1.9. Is that the "BIOS" solved this problem earlier than and if so, that the way to construct it safe? Can you please help me? I am waiting for your replies.

Hello same problem with me. I am using MSI K9a Platinum BIOS 1.7 XP Prof/SP3 32 bit with the AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+. In addition I include Kingston 2x1GB with support of Chieftec A80 600W power supply. Even I include Asus ENGTX460 Top with the Samsung HD321KJ 250GB SATA. First I attempt just uninstall drivers and install the most up-to-date one from nvidia. But I obtain these errors which are mentioned in query. I interpret wherever that possibly a new OS could resolve the whole thing. So I include new xp now, but still the same error.

Still sounds like a driver problem if the card is good. Best start to the end and test the card in another system. And make sure it is fully seated. The use of force! The only thing I both have in common is a waste powersupply. Chieftec not considered good, is in the range of el-cheapo junk. Have you thought about trying against a good powersupply, something like a Corsair VX-550? BIOS do not do much when it approaches to video cards, particularly not several versions of BIOS.

It is not "cheap" you can t compare with rasurbo, luxury or otherwise. It's decent and affordable.
    If the electronics inside it are made by Delta Electronics SIRTEC or those are decent. They tend to overestimate the train made a little, but this power supply systems supplier for years without problems, if you choose the right one. It also stresses on the rails though not rigid as basic units Seasonic, but s can be stability wise. They work 100% protection and an excellent job with MSI motherboards. Unless the efficiency of them. Can t beat them with Corsair or Enermax in this area? If the power supply is healthy, you must run the system 100%.

SIRTEC and Delta as others to build the powersupply to the wishes of customers, if they wish to receive junk trash, it's not their name that's on the box. According to me Chieftec equals crap, which is just above Q-Tec / Trust powersupplies, and you can get much better without a name for the same price. I've never seen a test that passed the load test 100% without any problems even before that. So according to me you have to change your video card. Buy a new one or choose your previous one which you where using.