Thread: MSI 890fxa-gd65 won't display

MSI 890fxa-gd65 won't display

So I just built a new computer with this motherboard / memory ripjaw (I know it pathetic) / II X6 and new phenomenon when I went to start it up I realized that both the motherboard and I needed a PCI graphics card -E 6-pin connection. I did not realize this at first and tried to start it up and got a long and two short beeps, which meant I looked up a graphics card rendering problem that made sense.

Re: MSI 890fxa-gd65 won't display

After cursing for a while I remember there was an old graphics card and I thought I would give it a shot. I finally got connected and the computer to start. The problem now was that the screen looked horrible. It was incredibly confusing and there were tons of lines running through it. I tried to restart the computer a couple of times just hoping she happened to review, but no luck. After several attempts failed to turn completely and although I was making the same mistake I originally had. Black screen and a long, two short beeps. I just came out today to buy an extension cable for PCI-E 6-pin and plugged in my best graphics card but still no luck! I'm getting the time two short beeps. I have no idea what the problem might be, I tried disconnecting everything and reconnecting everything again and still the same issue. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I do not know what size power supply you have, but it seems that a new, larger one is needed. If you go to two 6-pin limited circuit, which will stress the PSU. You can use available "what size I need" power supply calculators to find the minimum size. Then you can choose from up there for a good power supply. You have an update 6core, along with a card that needs extra power supply. Some of these cards can go to the middle or even senior 450watt. That's more than 450 just for the graphics card. Now add the rest and you need enough watts. (Even some parts, would be nice). Hope that helps. You can make a signature here, and we all know from your computer.

I think a 600watt is large enough. Try a memory stick. Perhaps one of your memory cards is the question. Unless you have a problem 'cable' video should be clear. The monitor may cause fuzzyness connection, cable or adapter. Or a card problem. It's a new version make sure that whatever your BIOS settings are correct. I'll get to see what his solution is. I've been looking at the 890FXA-GD65 as an upgrade. AM3 + ready?

After reading a post a few posts down, I saw that someone has the same problem and were told to use old AM3 processors to start and then update the BIOS from there, then change the processor may be the cause of this video problem? Seeing that no single version of the BIOS in the CPU support page for this forum, the BIOS version is not your problem. And just 2 long usually means video problem. There are also ringtones for USB devices connected. Mine was also beeps while running well in the boot, told me that correspond to the number of USB devices connected.