Thread: Rotation of the Screen by 90 degrees in clockwise direction

Rotation of the Screen by 90 degrees in clockwise direction

Hello . I was Working something on my computer last night and my younger brother aged 5 years was sitting beside me. My dad just called me for 5 minutes for some work and I went. As soon as I came back I saw my brother was just pressing any buttons on the key board and my screen was rotated in 90 degrees clockwise direction. I was shocked to see it as something like that had never happened before. How can I fix my problem? Is it a big problem? Please help. I am using windows XP.

Re: Rotation of the Screen by 90 degrees in clockwise direction

Looking at the query really gave me a imagination of a very interesting situation because on a personal front I have never experienced it. So being a regular internet user first thing that came on my mind was to Google the above problem. Searching the above , I could find the above solution
    • Ctrl-Alt-Up - right side up
    • Ctrl-Alt-Right - 90 degrees
    • Ctrl-Alt-Down - 180 degrees
    • Ctrl-Alt-Left - 270 degrees

(If that doesn’t work, try Ctrl-Shift-R)

Hello. Like the above post, even I have not come across such a problem in my short span of learning computers. I like to learn new things and in many new ways. So, except the above solution I would like to know if there is any other way to fix the problem. Please suggest few if there are any. Thank You.

Hi. You looking at your question you really seem to be very tensed and irritated. I would like to say it is not a big problem and you don’t need to be so much tensed. Just right click on properties, then on the dialog box you see tab settings. From there press the button Advanced. Pressing that gives a dialog with tab on top. One of them have video card you have. Finishing through that you have a rotate option.

Firstly, See if you have a Graphics Options menu. If so, go into that menu and select Graphics Properties. Look for a tab which says Rotation. If you do not have these menus then you can also give a try to go to your control panel and look for your Display tool which may allow you to make the needed change as well. After doing this, Your screen should mechanically flip the right way yet again in few second of keying in this succession.