Thread: Which card is better Dedicated PhysX or CUDA Card

Which card is better Dedicated PhysX or CUDA Card

I am planning to buy a new card and I am not sure that which one to buy. I just browsed them a lot and then found that there are these two options with which I can work. Now I have two options Dedicated PhysX and CUDA Card. But when I saw them I came to know that the prices are the same. So I am not sure that which one I should go for. So please help me on this issue as soon as possible as I am in urgent need of it.

Re: Which card is better Dedicated PhysX or CUDA Card

I just had a look at your question and feel that the options that you are looking for are good one. You can even go for a 9800GTX along with the GTX260. You can even go for 9800 GTX along with the GTX 260 but then I switched on to my GTX470's.But I think that I am not sure that the 220 is the better of those two cards. So probably 220 would be even a great option with which you can go. So there are quite a few options with which you can go.

I think that 9600GT is optimum card for PhysX. This is because if you try to compare both then there is not much of a difference. So if you see the PhysX performance differences between GTS250 and 9600GT is almost negligible. This is the reason why I decided to choose the 9600GT.If you see the CUDA is NVIDIA’s parallel computing architecture. It helps in increasing the computing performance by using the power of the GPU.

I would say that the CUDA cards are better as they are used by many now days. The CUDA-enabled GPUs sold are used by software developers and many other people who are now very happy with it. The NVIDIA has invented the CUDA architecture that is now has the GeForce GPUs, which provides a major help for application developers. So I would say that you may rather go with the CUDA as it will be a good choice.

Thanks a lot for the solution that you have provided. I just went through the solution and feel that the doubt that was present in my mind has decreased a lot. I think that a better option over here is that of the Dedicated PhysX which seems to be better over the CUDA Card. So I would again like to thank you a lot and would like to appreciate you all for your solutions and suggestions that you have provided.