Thread: Sony CRT KD30SX955: Flyback transformer failures

Sony CRT KD30SX955: Flyback transformer failures

Anyone know if some of the Sony CRT HDTV 2005 are likely to have FBT (flyback transformer = also called fly back - line transformer) leaves? my 30 inch Sony KD30XS955 has below 1700 hours of exercise over 5 1 / 2 years in a very fresh / low ambient dirt contagion and a possible buyer based on which should lower the price of this model is prone to FBT failure. If your complaint is justified? The HDTV is usual in each way the best way I can see. Is connected to a surge protector great quality for better defense against lightning.

re: Sony CRT KD30SX955: Flyback transformer failures

I looked around and I have not found flaws FBT, but rather a solder joint problems and eating disorders. And what kind of buyer would buy a TV they think is prone to failure?. not have it, but you'd think he look for one with a good record!. Something that does not sound right with this man. After 1600 hours and 5-1/2 years of use, the chances are very good for their willingness to support the left, not within a couple of weeks.

I feel the purchaser is fishing for a reason to talk down. Why would anyone wish for a TV with (supposed) known faults in the first place when other bazillions CRT TV that is really cheaper? My Goodwill amass has dozens of them and not any over 60 dollars. Obviously somebody was going to buy a used CRT TV is maybe a cheap well. The thing is not merit too much of a discount that is predictable? If it is just asking for a few money, go for it just to make the sale. No matter why.

This buyer had an HDTV itself, but the FBT blew on it (maybe lived in the dirt, dust, humidity, etc. I do not know). He wanted to get it fixed, but the repair or replacement of it was expensive so when I saw mine for sale ($ 250) that wanted to bid $ 180 and gives it to him. The animal weighs 148 pounds. It has an exceptional picture, good sound (though I prefer my Bose speaker connection) and has less than 1600 hours of use of 5 + years since I bought it. Now I know you can purchase a TV for $60 at kindness, but in reality, a classic Sony Trinitron Wega HDTV with so less hours of real use? Most likely an old Zenith or RCA. Ok, maybe I'm being realistic.

Let's summarize this. Wish to sell this "classic" television has an outstanding low hours on it because they want something better. So in fact, possibly not as big (right?) Because you wish something superior. We know that any failure will cost a fortune to fix because it is obsolete and size / weight of a baby elephant. We are not offering any warranty (understandable) so the risk is entirely on the buyer who is thinking "I could end up with another package as the last."

Re: Sony CRT KD30SX955: Flyback transformer failures

I would take the $ 180. It is difficult even in these days these things left, much fewer get the wealth for them. We attempt to bargain our wholly good condition and in excellent 27 "Sony Trinitron (mind that this is an SD card is not configured for HD), but even for completely free without notes and ended up pulling into the recycling tank. The only reason is someone actually willing to pay the money is yours because it is a high definition television.