Thread: Visible area on my LCD monitor screen has reduced

Visible area on my LCD monitor screen has reduced

Hello guys I am facing a weird problem with the Samsung LCD monitor that I am using for quite some time, everything was perfect until last week when I saw that on the right side of the screen the area was reduced by half a inch and was appearing in black. Last night when I was playing games and watching videos everything was perfect, but suddenly today what happened was something unsusal as the right side of the screen was appearing black due to which the visible area has been reduced. So can someone help me to know that what should I do to make this to get in proper position.

Re: Visible area on my LCD monitor screen has reduced

Have you checked out all the connection of the CPU to the monitor screen, it could be possible that there could be some problem with the loose connection between the cable of the CPU and the monitor and that is the reason why you are facing this kind of reduction in the areas of the screen and getting black area on the right side, so make sure that you have got each and every connection perfectly and if the problem doesn’t gets solved then look for something else.

Hey just open the CPU case and remove the graphics card and the RAM as well, just clean the slot with a help of a cloth or a piece of a paper or if you want you can even make use of the a brush to clean the slot and then place the graphics card and the RAM at the proper respective position properly. After this again start the CPU and the monitor again and see if you are able to get rid of the black portion on the monitor and increase the size of the monitor screen as well.

Dude if you have got another CPU ort probably another monitor than try connecting the same on your system or try connecting the CPU to the other monitor. If suppose with the other monitor that you have connected to the CPU you are again facing the same problem then the problem would be the graphics card which you would require to change. If it a vice versa then one thing is certain that the problem is in the monitor.

What I think that you might have got some modification done with your graphics properties so try to see if everything is correct and up to the mark, for this you will have to right click on the desktop and select the graphics properties and afterwards you will get a window screen in which you will have to click on display settings. Once you click on that make sure that you have selected the full screen radio button and then click on OK, check this out and see if it works properly or not.