Thread: New graphics card after a new drive?

New graphics card after a new drive?

Nothing too serious, but after changing my last reader / writer who began to play much more, and I replaced by a reader / writer, But with a different connection, in sata, while the former was in IDE, I noticed by chance seeing if there were no worries at temperatures of components, that my graphics card was taken 5 -7 degrees compared to before. Both at the start, as there, it starts at 49 degrees, cool, but as and when I do not run games, it will gently until 55-56 °. So tell me no cause for alarm you, but AA may be due to what Sata cable is smaller than the IDE, so in theory should better air flow. Is a second device in SATA is more heat the motherboard.

Re: New graphics card after a new drive?

Last little information I remember, temperatures were already high after disconnecting my old drive and then plug the new. I removed the IDE unnecessary, but would need to change something in the bios, disable the option IDE, since I have no IDE. It annoys me, there is nothing that justifies the overheating of the computer. But now, I just wanted to clarify that the problem actually happened when I had no drive connected.

The thing is, in fact, I had not looked at the other temperatures, but I think the method and the DD also took degrees. At the same time then I just turn on the computer, the room is quite cold, and temperatures are fairly normal, but it always rises progressively. The trick is that the highest temperatures were recorded in my box was empty of any writer. The time I go buy a SATA cable that I had not, and of course they were high with the installation of the new. I searched like crazy on the internet and I found nothing like adequate response. How a new device can be heated almost everything else.

So I made no mistakes, it's true that logic, even if it's a shame it has been unplugged for so long without my noticing. As to your first question, I do not know if you asked me if, when the fan was unplugged, there were many differences. If that was the question, I confess that I do not know. There seems to circulate the air, and it is especially the bulk of all my cleaning made me forget the weather, but it is true, I repeat, this increase in temperature when changing drive me leaves still confused.

And I just plug it in, but I doubt, after reading on the internet on the sense of connection! Once I plugged it vents through the back, but is it not better to plug it blows towards the inside of the tower. This is obviously a question of air flow, but between the power supply fan, the CPU, I said that logic was that, but it would be more effective if it was blowing the other way. I hope it will help you out in this case.