Thread: HDMI cable unable to work with my Samsung 42 inch plasma monitor

HDMI cable unable to work with my Samsung 42 inch plasma monitor

I am having a Technika TV with me which is of 24 inch and it works really fine with the HDMI cable. I just plug in my PS3 to it and everything works alright with it. Now I got a Samsung 42 inch plasma monitor. When I try to plug in the PS3 to my new Samsung 42 inch plasma monitor it gives me some error saying that the TV mode is not supported and the HDMI is cable is unable to work. I don’t know that the error is. Please do reply to this immediately.

Re: HDMI cable unable to work with my Samsung 42 inch plasma monitor

I just went through the solution and feel that you need to change the resolution. Once you change the resolution then it would be helpful to you to plug in the PS3 to the new Samsung monitor. Sometimes what happens is that the resolutions don’t come in sync with the monitor. Another thing which you can do is that you can change the mode to PC mode. Even this will help you to fix the issue that you are facing. I am sure once you follow this then issue will be solved immediately.

Thanks a lot for your immediate reply. I just went through the solution that you have given. I would tell you that I tried using a different HDMI cable but was not successful in getting rid of the issue. But the problem still persists. Also now I have the fear that is there any kind of problem in my monitor. I hope that it is not the case. Now I will try using the solution that is being provided over here and I wish that it will help me to fix the issue.

I think that rather than using the previous solution I would suggest you one more solution to this. What you can try out is that you can just switch the monitor off .Once you switch the monitor off then you need to hold the power button continuously for around ten to fifteen seconds. After that it will beep for couple of times and then it would switch on. I guess that will solve your issue. I feel that there is no issue with the HDMI cable and neither with the monitor. It’s due to some basic issue that you are facing.

I hope that there is no issue with the HDMI cable and neither with the monitor. But as I have mentioned before that the problem still persisted when I used the new HDMI cable. So that is worrying me. But now I have some more solutions to work with and I hope that they will work for me to fix this issue. So I would once again like to thank you for your solutions and I hope that they will work for me. Also if they work then I will definitely inform you all.