Thread: Dell 2001FP amd Power Options

Dell 2001FP amd Power Options

Now I have the 2001FP linked to a Asus 9550 graphics card via digital interface and find a monitor does not recognize (awakening) from standby or "off the screen after one hour (for example). The screen message says "the energy saving mode, press any key). This is frustrating as they prefer to take the monitor off of Windows XP that I have to pay attention to this problem by leaving the office several times as I do every day.

Re: Dell 2001FP amd Power Options

I'm looking for a better solution instead of disabling the functionality that was "designed" in the operating system or drivers, etc. I had bought two sets, one and XPS 8400 and both these monitors. I had the same problem with one of the monitors too. I changed the drivers and settings that were published in various newsletters, as well as disable the hibernate mode, but in vain, bottom line, technical support in mind that the monitor defective and am awaiting a replacement. If not already done so, contact them, they were very helpful.

The monitor had been achieved with the system 8400 is / was doing the same things he had described at the outset. I thought it might have been the ATI graphics card or drivers because my XPS system had an Nvidia card. I changed the configuration of power in the 8400 so do not hibernate, set off monitor and hard drive settings to "never", but that did not stop the monitor enters power saving. My XPS system at a standstill has the default power settings and has not practiced any troubles. I had emailed support describing the problems and was advised that the 2001FP from the 8400 was defective and that sends me a new monitor.

I called Dell today and was told from the monitor self test showed the "red green blue white square that the monitor was fine. Suggested two things to me, 1) just put all the power settings to "Never." 2) Maybe my computer has a problem. I also read these forums, and I think also that there must be a problem with the monitor (made by Benq, September 2004), and everybody complains about the "Stuck in monitor power saving mode." I was able to get the tool I talked to at least send me a new DVI cable, as some have suggested that a dual interface cable solves the problem. Can you believe this? Technology tool I could not say whether he would send a cable in a simple or double.

My two monitors showed the picture of self test. Both are made of Benq in October 2004. It works with both teams and the other does not work with any of the equipment. The monitor is not working correctly has the same symptoms as your monitor. By the way, when you first start your computer (close the mine each night) will go to the right of your monitor to sleep mode? Mine does even on first boot. I have as well attempted Power Management / disable hibernation, but that did not exertion. I have the "comfort" of having two matching monitors to contrast with two different computers with different video cards, so I'm able to determine quite easily that one of the monitors are faulty and being able to articulate that support. If I only had one, it would be "running around the city" support, I'm sure.

I have no problem with the start of the 2001FP. I leave the monitor on and off the computer and I get an amber light on the monitor. When you start your computer, start with light amber when the computer starts and then I get a green light and all my hardware BIOS shown then Windows starts, so I have no problem with the monitor not show the boot up or down. The only problem I have is the "dream" or "energy saving monitor" the functions that the monitor never displayed, but the amber light turns green when you move the mouse or pressing the spacebar. When starting a "hold", you start your computer, the amber light goes green but nothing shows up. I have to restart Windows and go through the post then all is well.