Thread: Why is Geforce 9800 GT is not compatible with my computer

Why is Geforce 9800 GT is not compatible with my computer

I have a problem in Nvidia Gefore 9800GT 1Gb Gfx card, the thing is that I installed this graphic card with the help of an engineer, I had to personally go to him and fix graphic card in the computer of mine, as I went to him to take my cpu he told me that the graphic card is not compatible with my motherboard, the thing is that he told me is the graphic card is not that compatible but it will work better than before, so I was convinced with him, but when I came home and I started playing the games in it, I found out no difference in it. So the thing is I gave him a call and told him the problem that I was facing, but he just told me to change the motherboard, as per my idea there is no problem in the network controller so where I am going wrong in it now. Please help me in this.

Re: Why is Geforce 9800 GT is not compatible with my computer

The thing is that he has lied to you about the network controller which is not getting properly compatible with the graphic card. There could be the software or the hard ware issue which is creating the problem. Also the thing is that your processor that you have in current is a low end and the graphic card that is present is the mid range one, so I think that this is causing the problem in the system in the current position, so if you want to change the system then you can go with the sandy bridge LGA1155, this will help you in coming out of the problem that you are facing.

I thought upgrading my system would be useless as it will cause me as same as the new system, fine with it also I want to know that is there anything I can do to improve my low end games which i mainly play. I understand that my system is not up to the standards but still it should not have any problem playing such games. The main problem is that it does not show any errors message, it just stops with colored lines; the sound also stops forcing me to manually restart the computer. Before this happening I get a normal FPS, but the only way to stabilize it is to run my gfx card with dual monitors which should not be the case, because of these it give me poor fps.

I think there is a hardware incompatibility between your video card, sound card, and or network card. The guy really fooled you in this case. Do you have any friends who have some knowledge about it and be able to help you in these problems? Did you try pulling all the cards out of the system? did you checked the device manager for conflicts? I think there is some of the problem in the hard ware which is been revolving around you for many time, just see some other people to help you in coming out from this.

Thanks again, the thing is that most of the friends that are near to me come with their problem to me and they don’t have any such deep knowledge in it, so I was also not having any of the solution for it for that reason I am here. I tried removing the second network card and unplugged the cd drive that was present in the system, now I can’t remove anything that is present in the system. According to me the main problem is in my soundcard and original network card which is integrated in the system of mine, the thing is that I am still having the same problem which is not solved, I looked in the device manager, in that there are two thing which is been flagged, both under other devices one is in SM Bus Controller and other was in the Ethernet controller card.