Thread: Dell 2005FPW backlight problem

Dell 2005FPW backlight problem

I have my 2005FPW in December, and like many others who had problems backlight really bad that I realized immediately, but others had two problems that I noticed about EFT edge of the screen for the new days. First, there was a color fading, and secondly, there was what appeared to be a long wait for images to disappear from the screen (I know that is not related, but it seems that the "burn" what with the old CRT). I emailed Dell support, and got what looked like a pretty standard answer and an offer for a replacement. I did not ask for a replacement in my original email, mainly because I wanted to know whether this material was normal, but when I said that I'd get a monitor without these problems, I said it was good, and sends the shipping information requested. Please someone help me out.

Re: Dell 2005FPW backlight problem

Mine exhibit weak after effects too, but I know this could affect many LCD screens out on the market and I've never done this test before any other LCD. Also I had never noticed this if I had not read your post here. It is not something I notice in everyday use. There is a slight discoloration of the colors near the left bank (and I mean so slight that I do not know if it's there or if we see things) this is also something that would never know unless I was looking for a tool calibration. The effect described as a blur effect has to do with the way updates LCD (LCD if you still have to reload when it is a very different process for an LCD). All LCD screens are some of this, but tend to be more evident in panels faster. I think it has to do with an investment of property named in some LCD screens appearing as an interlocking effect. The 2005FPW is great to keep this under control, if you ask me. I used a panel of 16 ms of Sony in this regard was very visible and annoying in moving objects.

Frankly, if you want to be this picky about things on the LCD then the technology cannot be for you. Although not even know how to be happy with the CRT either. If you want demanding much of my old Sony exhibited Trinitrons very light color shifts in certain areas of the screen only because magnetization that were so subtle that no one looking I'd probably say that I am seeing things. No offense, but I think you're being too picky with this sort of thing. I am very demanding, but I as I said earlier to me this am a topic that does not. It's like commenting on the flicker of a CRT running at 120Hz. To answer your question, I think these are just the properties of this panel, and there is a good chance that if you look at any other LCD panel based on the same (ie, 20 "Apple Cinema Display) would see the same problems. I'm sure you would also find a multitude of other defects and inconvenience to all LCD you look at the market. Technology is not perfect and each group has to deal, primarily, to balance the good against evil.

I appreciate the reply, but I should mention that I used two different Apple 23 "Cinema Display (the older models) at work for over a year, has a ThinkPad, and had a PowerBooks before that. No one who has had any of the problems I'm seeing here (or backlight problem that had first). I asked about these issues, because I thought it a bit strange that if it were somehow expected, as presented in only three or four inches near the left side of the screen. To me that do not seem much like an issue with LCD technology in general, as it does with the particular monitor (or, as you say, the panel is used). Therefore, I wanted to know if that is indeed the case, or if it's just me. If it is normal for Dell because it's so cheap, I'd be happy to spend a bit more and look elsewhere.

Here I just want to add something as per your title says. I have seen the ghosting problem before the Dell 2000FP monitors. I went to 3 of them before I got did not have that strange ghosting effect. Most appeared to be burned and was most noticeable when moving around windows (like instant messaging windows, windows of IE, etc). I just bought a Dell 2001FP - hopefully will not have the same problems.

Well, after its initial publication, and despite my answer, I could not stop to test some more. There is a slight inconsistency in the saturation and hue is most noticeable with funding from pink and purple as you go from one side of the screen to another. The question phantom exhibited only in the gray background in the test after a minute of him in the test pattern. There seems to be evident in other colors I've never met a normal use. Both problems are well documented with Apple monitors based on the same / similar panels as well (that does not excuse them, but puts in some perspective.)