Thread: The function/options in Nvidia control panel is not getting saved in my computer

The function/options in Nvidia control panel is not getting saved in my computer

Hi there, I am facing some of the problem in the Nvidia graphic card, the thing is I recently had an official driver for the graphic card, but guess what it is giving me problem in my computer. I want to do some of the setting in the Nvidia graphic card with the help of the option Manage 3D Settings. In under the program setting tab, I did some of the setting in it, but when I went away from it the setting was not present in that section, but when I see the setting that I had done in the Global setting, all the previous setting was present properly in it. I tried doing it many time but I was not able to do that, I don’t know what to do now in it.

re: The function/options in Nvidia control panel is not getting saved in my computer

Hello, I just went through your problem and it seems somewhat related to mine. When I do any of the setting in manage 3D setting section it is not been happening as it goes in the default setting of the card once I have exited from it. So I just tried updating the driver for the same but I was not able to do any of these things in it, but when I tried to update the bios in the computer the problem was not present in it. But after some days the problem that was happening in the past is happening again, and now I did the same thing what I had in the past but it was not helping me in this.

re: The function/options in Nvidia control panel is not getting saved in my computer

Hi, when I was facing this kind of the problem in the laptop of mine, I tried a lot of thing as I had lots of time and didn’t want to spent any of the money and time in downloading more and more drivers in it, so I tried the basic thing, just went through the registry and the folders which were related to the graphic card and seen that one of the files which were present in the c drive was set in the read mode only, I don’t know how but it was, so I change it to read write mode, and guess what it was working as normal for me. The file that I was talking about is as follows; C:\WINDOWS\system32 the file which I am talking is nvapps.xml. so just try to find this file and check by doing the setting in it.

The time I had installed the 180.43, I had started noticing the effect of the dual view in the monitor, whenever I used to the setting in the TV resolution, I would save the setting and go back to the single monitor but it should not get saved and it would always go in the default setting of the card which was present in the previous time in it, I tried all the possible setting in that but I was not able to get the recent configuration that I would set in the computer of mine, but still I tried all the possible thing but I was not able to go ahead in it.

As I have done for removing this kind of the error in the laptop of mine it is better that you also do the same for coming out from this, the thing is you have to manually install the Dll files in the hard drive of the laptop of yours. To do the same in the windows vista; do the following things. First Go to c:\WINDOWS\System32, now once you have reached here then click on cmd.exe and after reaching there right click on the file and choose "Run as admin". A window will be appear front of you, now typee the following thing in it regsvr32 nvdisps.dll and press enter. Wait for some time till the process is been finished, after the process is been finished then do the same for the other files which is given below regsvr32 nvgames.dll, regsvr32 nvmccss.dll, regsvr32 nvmobls.dll, regsvr32 nvvitvs.dll, regsvr32 nvwss.dll and see the result for the same .