Thread: Dell UltraSharp 2405FPW: Vibrant noise when on

Dell UltraSharp 2405FPW: Vibrant noise when on

I just got the 2405FPW monitor the last weekend. You must monitor all charges, but one thing. When the monitor, I heard a humming noise from behind the monitor. It is stronger than the power cord, so I have a feeling that has to do with the integrated power supply. You can create the 2405FPW panel to see if he does so hum? The easiest way to simply monitor your power, without any input and let it do its own tests on some color-bar. Put your head on the back of the screen on the right side, and if you hear a buzz - like the hum of fluorescent lighting ballast is, please let me know.

Re: Dell UltraSharp 2405FPW: Vibrant noise when on

The monitor makes noise. The fact that yours is making noise does not essentially mean something is wrong. May sound a little strange, but one thing you can try going to an electronics store and ask the sales representative so you can listen to one and if I see and see how it compares with yours. I would recommend doing so as soon as possible. The reason is that you have 21 days to return for a new exchange or full refund if you feel the noise is not worth it. There are users who prefer a quiet, even if the monitor screen as well. That is to make that decision. I just want to make sure not to act quickly to get stuck with something you do not.

All floors are noise to some extent dependent, on which he and the party also wanted a 24'' or mention used. I you must be h-ll to lamps. But the transformer should be isolated also enough to stop the noise. It could be as I said in another post of the cuts made to the base Dell rest. I hope this is not true, and do not take into transformer isolation is much appropriate. I myself have the 2005FPW is called leakage of light.

I've had a few days, I can say that the problem comes when the panel was more than an hour. Neither the first hour complaint perceptible. The buzz comes from the back right (when viewed on the panel) in the upper third or so. If you set your panel to enter power saving mode is not maintained for long, and not used for more than an hour in a meeting, not achieved. So my question to other owners 2405FPW is, does anyone have this 2405FPW, not after having been for two hours or more, is the whine? If so, I'll try to exchange and other. What a drag. A significant group seems high standard everyone else, but this is a deal breaker for me (and others I think).

Here I also wish to add something. I've had mine continuously for five hours yesterday and again today. There was no noise from the monitor. I have no dead pixels or light back issues. I had to adjust the brightness level to 30, to avoid going blind, and the monitor sits on the level of support. I really felt corrected by adding a pair of half-inch pieces on the right side of the bracket. My monitor’s date of creation is April 5, 2007.

I have the same problem here, after the monitor is turned on for about 30 minutes. With the annoying loud, I hate, certainly because of heat issues. I have my own solution to this, every time when there is sound, use a floor fan to blow on the monitor for about 5 minutes. The sound is gone, and I keep blowing when it first turn. It is something that the problem of hum, but still not happy with, but he temp. DELL's unintelligent solution to come out with a real solution to it. I'll try that place probably after the summer.