Thread: Dell E228wfp shuts down after every ten minutes

Dell E228wfp shuts down after every ten minutes

In late August I purchased E228WFP. Everything worked perfectly. Now every 10 minutes the monitor goes black and I am using backup power to the power button. I'm using it on ATI Radeon X1550 video card. All drivers are current. The video card is working perfectly. I guess still under warranty. What can I do to get it replaced or fixed? Anyone has any idea or any information on this? Please if anyone here finds any information on this than please provide me.

Re: Dell E228wfp shuts down after every ten minutes

Here I just want to add something. I have the same problem with the same monitor at the same time merchants. Seems to be heat related. If I turn the monitor and let it cool down, the monitor functioning normally. However, I am having trouble finding what the warranty period in monitor is. I was searching the Internet. The problem is quite common. I'll call Dell and get an answer about the warranty.

How to get Dell to ship in place? I have the same problem. I think I am still under warranty. I take care of my equipment. They do not suffer from dust, heat, power surge and those who spilled their coffee. The monitor is below a year old, but in spite of annoying the whole thing to make it appear typical of other PCs, both laptop and tower units, the monitor shows the Dell logo, after two seconds of your screen MS Home XP Pro then darkens. It worked fine for most of the year, but one day, went dark. Monitor system and equipment here in APC lines for stable voltage. Drivers are up to date and even tried safe mode. We can press the power button and press it again to our home screen and icons of two seconds. We automatically detect.

It is necessary to recall what number you dialed? Computer voices cheerful tone. The support staff abroad for any assistance. Looks like I'm going around in circles of E22. Dell is from my own experience, dig a hole to fall. All I want to do is monitor this E22 to return a label box, a note saying it is flawed, should be replaced with the same model that works. I was told that such a warrant life of three years. Not sure if this is true.

After an hour, I realized that the support cannot solve problems, ask for a refund. So I hung up with technical support. Call customer service. He told them that I was just through technical support and no avail. Sign me technology was already on your computer. Then I turned to say right now that is all I want to change. Customer service transferred me to a senior technician. I told the senior technician of the same things. I also said explicitly that it was a bad backlight and granted the refund.

I also buy the E228WFP monitor in August 2008. As of yesterday suddenly deleted and only came for two seconds when I pressed the button on the monitor. Two times I called Dell. The initial time I just disconnect and reconnect the whole thing, and the monitor works well for approximately a day and that was the trouble yesterday and it started once more. I contacted Dell and the time I was asked to disconnect and reconnect and monitor set factory settings. Now is fine for now - but there were a couple of hours. Once more and I'll use the backlight board. Thanks again and I'm very glad that seems to be on the matter and monitor the system.