Thread: My Dell UltraSharp 2408WFP blackouts out briefly

My Dell UltraSharp 2408WFP blackouts out briefly

There was a 2408WFP, A01 firmware for about 3 weeks. Occasionally faint for a second before the picture reappears. When it comes back up I get the DVI small icon at the top left of the screen as if the signal is episodic temporarily. It is not often, once every few days, but this morning he did four times in about 10 seconds. I reconnected the DVI cable, and after this problem in the morning I switched to another DVI port on my video card. Since you cannot recreate the problem I do not know if that is fixed or not. Since it does not happen often, troubleshooting is very difficult. This trouble did not happen on my old monitor. No DVI cable I have another try. I am running Vista 32, the monitor connected to DVI. Most recent drivers setup on my EVGA 8800GTS (which occurred with older drivers as well), and utilizing Dells driver for the 2408WFP. I do not think the video card is the trouble since Vista presents a fault message if the video card isn't sending a signal. Thanks for any help.

Re: My Dell UltraSharp 2408WFP blackouts out briefly

I would get in touch with Dell, but I think this is a hardware trouble. I establish a thread in this site in another Dell monitor that has the same problem, but connected to an ATI video card. It solved the problem with a setting in the ATI control panel. EVGA (the manufacturer of my Nvidia video card), even has a solution for this problem in their knowledge base and I think it's a timing issue. His reference point (the creation of a custom resolution and change settings) is failing though (test operation), so I cannot even prove that. I would get a monitor without dead pixels to get a refurbished phone with dead pixels and still have the same problem. I really think that after reading is a high-resolution LCD screen and video card / driver issue.

New problem with this monitor. Was a result of sleep and not wake up. Stayed in the standby mode. Restarted exclusive of turning anything off, and the moment it came to the password screen Vista, went into sleep mode. It kept annoying to get out of it, but right away goes back to sleep. Turn off the monitor and then re-fixed it. However, the idea that this is a problem with my problem of video card compatibility other messages here. I would like someone from Dell declined to comment here without having to call India. I'm sure Dell support told me to return a new one. Then probably end up with a refurbished phone with dead pixels and still have the same problems.

I have the same problem as you. Start immediately. I have a monitor with no dead pixels and do not want change. I have a GeForce 7950GT card. I realize that I if I go and change the entries in s-video and then back to DVI. I as well realize that sometimes do when I turn the monitor off and on again. Also when you restart the PC or changing the resolution at times. Having blinked two times, but not immediately after about 10 minutes. Otherwise, it is good to put my computer in standby mode. I have a problem that would become the team and sometimes went into save mode while windows are loading. I have to power cycle the monitor again.

I would like fainting occurs in the A01 version of this monitor. I have not followed up more, but the problem could have been (more) obvious while utilizing a non-port dual-link DVI. I have GeForce 6800 Ultra OC video card, with just one dual-link port. I utilized a free application called Powerstrip to reduce the refresh rate of my monitor, and power outages stopped for a while. Fainting is also higher when the windows are maximized identified in the screen, especially of Adobe Reader. These questions suggest potential bottleneck bandwidth of DVI video card or incompatible implementations, either in the video card or monitor.

When I ask about this to dell, they just reply: “We changed the delay of the TFT screen of 150 ms and 250 ms on the A01. I do not know what more we can do. This problem does not occur in all video cards and is irregular. I think it's a mixture of monitor, video card and video card. Has anyone figured out how to enter the control mode from the factory? There may be something there that we can try."

just to say my A02 revision does the same, both connected to my Mac and My Pc - suspect hardware issue, suspect nothing i can do?

Quote Originally Posted by benrolfe View Post
    just to say my A02 revision does the same, both connected to my Mac and My Pc - suspect hardware issue, suspect nothing i can do?
    How old is this monitor, and is the make or model same, that is, Dell UltraSharp 2408WFP? It seems to be symptoms that would be equal to bad inverter which is a device built normally into the bottom center of the LCD panel and controls the backlight and some other functionality and for this you may require a professional repair from some shop.
    Searching the forums can help you to find your answers more quickly

just over two years old. I will try and send it to Dell and see if they can do anything. Thanks for the advice.