Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Monitor & Video Cards
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 25-03-2011

Dell U2711 monitor screen flickers with Dell E4310

Hello friends I have brought this new Dell U2711 monitor so as to get the screen of the Dell E4310 laptop that I am using for quite some time. Now I can easily connect the laptop to the dell monitor with the help display port cables, the quality of the images is very rich and I just love it. But the problem is that I am facing with this Dell U2711 is that in every 15 minutes there is a flick to a black screen for a second or a two, which is really pinching me to my screen, so can someone help me to know that what should I do to get this to work perfectly.
Old 25-03-2011

Re: Dell U2711 monitor screen flickers with Dell E4310

Make sure that the display port is correctly connected to the Dell monitor, that is make sure that there isn?t any kind of a loose connection that will not allow the signal to pass constantly and that is why the screen flickers to black in every 15 minutes. So make sure that you have got all the connection tight and perfect and then see if you can get the problem to go after wards.
Old 25-03-2011

First make sure that the laptop isn?t having the problem with the flicking that the laptop screen isn?t flicking and that is projected onto the Dell monitor of yours. Since if the laptop itself is flicking than it is possible that the problem would be in the graphics card like the graphics card is not inserted in the slot properly, so if you are facing the flickering with the laptop than I would suggest you that you should first check this out and then take any other action.
Old 25-03-2011

I think that the port of the Dell Monitor might be having some kind of a glitch inside it and that is why you are not able to get the desired signal perfectly which is resulting in the screen flickering to black for a fraction of a second, so I would request you that you should contact the Dell support staff and inform them about the problem of the monitor and they will surely be able to get to the problem solved.
Old 28-03-2011

Change the display port and see if it can help you to get away with the flickering that is happening with the Dell monitor as it is always possible that there is some kind of a glitch in the cable that is not allowing the signal to pass perfectly onto the Dell monitor which is why you are getting the flickering and the black screen with the display port, so it is better that you should try running with the help of some different display port.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Monitor & Video Cards
Tags: , , , ,