Thread: Dell 2405fpw monitor High Pitched Squeal

Dell 2405fpw monitor High Pitched Squeal

Is there another person shriek in monitoring the 2405FPW? I just ordered one; I heard the squeal of about 2 days after receipt. Then I got a new one, and have a strong squeal first. There is a surprising amount, but the subtle and persistent. We might hear more because I am alone in the home and office is very quiet and pushed into a corner of my office. I discuss the return back, to recover a little bit because I am sensitive to scream. If everyone else’s super quiet, then I can try only in the last moment if I may RMA. Very annoying! Please help.

Re: Dell 2405fpw monitor High Pitched Squeal

I have the same problem as well. I noticed that the whine / squeal on the second day were watching me, too. I like you also use the monitor in a quiet room. I think that may be heat related. I did not observe the whining the first night and a friend pointed out that it seems to run comparatively cool, but it was only on the monitor for an hour or so. On the second night, after 3 or 4 hours began to hear whining, with the time it got progressively higher. The area was the upper-right of the screen is also much hotter than the previous night. Then after about an hour when I went to make the adjustment using the OSD (on screen display) (4 to 5 hours of operation) noted that the OSD icons had a torn look.

I did not change update from 60Hz to 70Hz. I cannot notice a significant difference though. At any time the monitor is powered and 19x12 in the situation, lol there. If you go to the standby mode, or if the cable is unplugged monitor and it's just a test on the screen, the sound is there, but many of the much silence. I think I am going to go back and wait for the novel Samsung. Maybe power supplies are quieter. Referencing function earlier in the presentation of quiet, and I'm sure many of and. Do not be discouraged because of supply and awesome features at all. I'm just a "tuned" in to the sounds of this nature. Bucks for 1200, I want something as good or better on all fronts as my CRT.

Standby drains of .4 amps. Less than 3 or 4 watts. I think this pretty much as out, as you can get with electronics nowadays. I did not think that there is advantage in electrical control, if you shut it off, as sections of it obviously is powered down. I measured it from an AC meter, that I have, and ratified it on my line current conditioner with digital display. I am always interested in how much power my computers are draining. Call it morbid curiosity.

Update on the high pitch squeal. It takes approximately 4 hours of operation before the squeal befalls noisy enough to be annoying. When becoming a monitor sitting on after the switch off, and that's a good quiet. The hoop is also linked to the operation of backlight lamps. Like lamps close informant stops. If you awaken to monitor, without giving the time to cool down squeal start like lamps turn on. I thought that I would like to monitor a couple of days approved, but if the informant does not improve this weekend, I'll return it for refund and wait several months to give Dell an opportunity to correct the problem.

As a tip, a lot of LCD's users found to increase the brightness of the lamps or change the brightness level to reduce the amount of buzz with the release. For example, the Samsung 151P to remove the buzz on a lamp to increase brightness will be 70 or higher. My proposal to reduce the brightness of this just through the calibration clarification is to use a program to counter-effect. With my 151P, but the buzz for me to use 60 brightness was killed, and the buzz went away, so I select the 70-brightness, but it was very bright.