Thread: When I using Dell U2410 display port all things went downhill

When I using Dell U2410 display port all things went downhill

I just bought a new monitor U2410 for about three weeks ago. At first I used a DVI port and everything was fine, but when I started using Display Port, things went downhill. After solving a little, I was able to reproduce the problem I had: If the monitor is turned on and connected Display Port, then you get a great signal. If, while a Display Port cable connected, switch off the monitor and try to switch the monitor again, the monitor will not turn on at all (no power light). If you unplug the Display Port, and then try to switch the monitor is still in power. Only later than the power and plug it back on the screen appears again, as long as a Display Port cable is not connected to the computer. That is, if you try to start the monitor, and Display Port Cable connects to your computer monitor is turned on and off until you remove the power cord and plug the cable from the Display Port is not connected.

Re: When I using Dell U2410 display port all things went downhill

I have the similar problem with the purchase in early October. On the other hand, my unit was manufactured in October 2010 on the issue is at a standstill unresolved. My monitor has a firmware file M1F193 and A02 firmware update is available in the forum the same audit. I tried to record again, but still remains a challenge. Any idea when the A03 firmware that will solve this problem can be?

Is it something you can transport to the next meeting? There is not much discussion about the power problem in these forums, but a lot of discussion forums Mac since Mac users seem to display port to use more than PC users because it is an embedded most Macs these days. This is a serious problem as soon as possible resolved. As you see from other posts, a few users to return their U2410s even more than once, this cannot be good for Dell’s bottom line or reputation.

I just bought two Dell monitors U2410 (for my own Eyefinity His Radeon 5970) I have the similar problem as described here. If I turn off the monitor screen connected to the port during a Windows session, the monitor back (no lights or anything!) Unless that link both the display port cable and power cable long enough to oversee a whole. .. not good, and tried to exchange U2410 cable is connected to the DP, the same error with any of the monitors .. Something that needs a solution to it! Both screens meeting in Mexico A02 firmware 0C592M DP / N (if it helps.)

It really is an issue that has occurs for monitors and other manufacturers. This is because the cable (Mini Display Port to one side and completely on the other side) was not properly done in accordance with standard Display Port. The proposal by representatives of support from other manufacturers is to always use the cable supplied with the monitor. If necessary, the user must buy an adapter (mini Display Port complete) instead of a cable. I hope this solves the problems of others.

I just acquired U2410 Dell before few days and connected it to (the end of 2009) my unibody Macbook Pro. I have cable Monoprice or Mini Display Port. It has the similar power trouble. Happy I establish this debate. I thought I was doing something wrong. I will try on Monday with Apple adapter, plus Dell Display Port cable offers to see if that makes a difference. As well, if I am doing a bit incorrect: the screen image does not turn to the exact orientation. Otherwise, this is a beautiful monitor. A little help from Dell for the graphics professionals. Do not tell me none of you have hidden Macbook at home! I had fun.