Thread: Dell 3008WFP DVI-D Reoccurring port failure

Dell 3008WFP DVI-D Reoccurring port failure

I had a new monitor for 1 month (sold by 08 September) when the first DVI port and the second failed later than some days, resulting in the monitor to enter power saving at startup. Later than speaking Dell technical support (very gracious and obliging I might add) to get a replacement monitor. I had it for a week and experienced a similar situation. The cables are not discussed, nor are the graphics cards. The issue is: My experience is that I'm using the monitor during the day or night at 2560x1600 resolutions. I shut down properly in windows when finished. The next day, the monitor will not recognize a DVI signal. Please if anyone has any idea or any way-out solution for this than please provide me.

Re: Dell 3008WFP DVI-D Reoccurring port failure

Here I say something in this case. Sorry if this seems a very silly comment. I experienced a similar trouble with my Dell 3008WFP. On the other hand, it was just while I turned on the monitor after he had become the computer. If I turned on the monitor earlier than the computer was fine, or else no amount of tinkering to get the monitor to recognize the DVI. Will the monitor in standby mode or turned off?

I had a same trouble - 3008WFP associated to an ATI Radeon HD3400 series - worked excellent before 2 days, but no amount of work adjustments are made today. However, I gave an answer to reduce the resolution to 1920 x 1200. Not that this is a solution and the price of these things you anticipate full resolution. It is possible that a valuable clue though. Let me know if this works.

One of my DVI ports just botched with this item (monitor stuck in power saving once the operating system switches to VGA mode). This seems to be quite common, a number of users of multiple returns after each DVI-D1, D2 DVI (and if you use HDMI) failing gradually over time to a number of units. Additional information and remarks:
    1. I have the A02 revision
    2. The original trouble was with the port (now broken) machine connected to my Windows Vista x64 with Nvidia 8800GT and the latest drivers.

I also had the problem with the dell 3008 WFP. I had the monitor less than a month and no DVI port. I have the second port. If the worst time to get through Dell, but finally got a replacement. A reformed. I requested a new one, but I was happy to have a screen again. Well, the problem happened again. Replaced by a refurbished arrived. It happened a third time. I'm on my monitor room. After the last incident, which called for a new brand and insisted on being sent, as I have not received a new monitor in replacement of my period first? This new is going well so far, but is only two weeks old. There definitely a problem with this monitor with DVI out. I did everything, but I figured later than annoying my dell 2407, it was not my video, drivers, operating system or something. It was the monitor. Could I save a lot of work? Anyway, I have a review and AO2.

I am on my 4th monitor, and currently I think I establish an effective solution. Each 5 to 10 days, my monitor has a DVI port in the back I use. What I do is connect an analog connection to the second DVI port on the video card, in adding to the DVI port on the monitor. Utilizing the NVIDIA control panel to configure the system to run multiple monitors. Firstly, the resolution of the digital limited 800x600 but given a few time (and possibly restart or two) that you can regulate the resolution to 2500x1600 and turn on my digital screen. I usually turn off the analog connection at this time and wait until they once more failed to DVI earlier than repeating.