Thread: Is there any way to get dual monitors to function in extended mode

Is there any way to get dual monitors to function in extended mode

My Vostro 430 and NVIDIA video card has to sustain my two monitors P2210H the Y-cable for the CPU and two monitors from a single connection. I need to use the monitors in "extended", which is supposed to use both screens as if they were a single screen. But I am getting the same images on both monitors ("clone" mode?) I utilize Microsoft Windows 7. How I can obtain the monitors to maneuver as one (in extended mode)? Provide me some suggestion, thank you…

Re: Is there any way to get dual monitors to function in extended mode

Here I just want to add something or I can say suggest you something about your problem. The Y cable will not work. Workstations just have video cards which are able to perform this. The video card is the customer side of things. To run two monitors in extended mode, every monitor must be connected to a different port on the video card. What precise Nvidia video card and what ports are on it?

I hope it's not just bad video card. I bought this Dell system designed specifically for them (large corporate accounts - my settings are like the thousands of similar multi-screen machines in the office). It is actual to be able to run four displays. I am just annoying to utilize two. Dell said it needed this and DVI-cable. Assuming for a minute that I have the right equipment, any additional guidance on how to run the monitors in extended mode? Thanks.

I have just notice about this is that these monitors, once they are set in extended mode (or Clone, but the effect is not important mention) we can select with the mouse and drag across the adjacent monitor, that is, if your second monitor is on the right of the first, we can drag to the left of the first, as we would a somewhat illogical order, i.e., distributed as "Second Monitor" and then "Prime Monitor".

Nvidia card is 1 GB NVIDIA GeForce GT220 Vostro M205. What port? I'm not certain you know how to reply that query. Let's see, this is a DVI plug situated in the mini-tower where you would suppose a monitor port. There is a 9-pin plug and a HDMI connector on the same board / slot as well. All video connections, so that l that must video card / card, right? The monitors are working with a good signal / connection. It's only duplicate images being shown instead of a single image extension shared across both screens as in my other system.

This is a "consumer level" of the card (but can as well be used in office equipment). It will handle two monitors. It connects to a DVI port. The second monitor is connected to the VGA port. You cannot actually convert a VGA port DVI port (only backwards). You may be able to convert the HDMI port to a second DVI port. It will work better because there are no screws on any HDMI cable ... and it will be "light" on the back of the PC. After they are connected, you become # 1 and the other 2 #. In Control Panel / Display ... Set # 2 to "Extend the desktop onto this monitor." I think only Nvidia Quadro card will run 4 monitors, and of course with an ATI Eyefinity.