Thread: Why U2410 Monitor doesn't respond to my ps3 HDMI input

Why U2410 Monitor doesn't respond to my ps3 HDMI input

I'm trying to get my monitor to read HDMI to HDMI Slim 120 GB PS3 for the monitor. It's just the blank screen. I tried restoring the PS3 (power button for 5 seconds until you hear a second beep out), swapping the HDMI output, all that does not work. It says HDMI cable connected later than I changed the HDMI source. Pushing the button to start the menu on the monitor, I am only greeted with the option to scan or manually select sources. With another HDMI cable, which allows me to configure things like how, when I set it up on my pc. Using the second HDMI cable, I checked the info screen, and the resolution is limited to 480p (the information), but still a blank screen. So basically I have not succeeded in having even a hint of my PS3 on the screen. I bought this monitor from a friend, is still 3 months to 5 years warranty. He said that the PS3 plays well on it, just plug and play. HDMI to HDMI, so you do not understand well. I am using the first HDMI cable to connect my PC now to the screen, so it's not the question of the HDMI port or the HDMI cable. What can be wrong?

Re: Why U2410 Monitor doesn't respond to my ps3 HDMI input

I found what the trouble. I will write it here for anybody else facing same troubles. Essentially, Slim is the new 120 GB PS3 version of 2106, are not well-matched to work with Dell U2410 (maybe not work with all monitors, but do not have another monitor to test with). I tried to put on my ps3 to my friend's house that has one more U2410, and neither worked. Your PS3 is functioning fine. So I got the number. His edition is from 2006. Sony did incredible with the newer edition which makes it unfeasible to work with the monitor. I do not know if it's an honest mistake on his part or that simply are not happy we are playing with a monitor instead of an HDTV. (I called customer service and were useless. Basically, said that the problem is in my desire to play with a monitor. PS3 is not compatible with that, and it would be better if you connect to an HDTV, and yes, that's your best advice, despite my saying that does not have HDTV).

What is the model of the brand of HDMI cables? And your friend's HDMI cable?
    1. To monitor and PS3 and the HDMI cable (not HDMI to DVI) of power, compared to the PS3 via the power switch on the rear and then back on the same switch
    2. Hold the power button on the front of the PS3 until you hear three beeps. Once lit, the screen should display a message something like: "An HDMI cable is detected, will you set?"
    3. When you go through the settings for the HDMI setting, you must check the boxes in which the video output modes of the monitor is compatible with (480i/480p/576i/576p/720p/1080i/1080p)
    4. After going through the initial installation of HDMI and the PS3 is showing through the HDMI cable in the PS3 main menu, go to Settings and then scroll down to display settings. In the display settings, set the RGB Full Range (HDMI) and put on the full Pb / Cb Pr / Cr Super-White (HDMI) for.

My HDMI cable is a non-brand cable, I think. I attempted utilizing the HDMI cable for Sony too. While I am utilizing the HDMI from China, the just choice that permits me to set (by pushing the menu button), changing the input source. When utilizing the Sony one, can have a complete menu of my monitor to play. Interesting dissimilarities. My friend's HDMI cable is as well a fact China. But at present I am using China made HDMI to connect my PC to my U2410. So the cable may be damaged.

I cannot get the working method. The message appears: "No signal from your computer. Use your mouse or keyboard to wake it up. Otherwise, select the correct display in the input menu on the screen." Somewhere along that line. Can I have restricted the monitor to work only with my PC and do not accept other types of connection? Component cable works. There are pictures obviously; no sound from the monitor does not support it. But component can only push the resolution up to 720p and ps3 is not this strange double image artifact. It is playable, but I'm not satisfied because I know this monitor can do superior. What do you suggest?

Well, that's worrisome. I was ready to buy a U2410 today, but decided to check it would work with my PS3 and Sky HD. The PS3 is just a couple of months, so presumably is the latest revision. Is 320 GB instead of 120 GB, but that's just a hard drive after all. This agreement breaks down. Does anyone have any info on this please? Is it still a problem with A02 revision? As for Sky HD, the U2410 is capable of displaying 1080i (if possible devoid of stretching)? My Dell 2407WFP cannot display 1080i at all that is one of the main reasons for buying a new monitor (I do not want to change to Sky HD at 720p).