Thread: Change dell 2407WFP-HC monitor purchased on eBay for dead pixel

Change dell 2407WFP-HC monitor purchased on eBay for dead pixel

I bought on eBay last year a dell 2407WFP-HC monitor, supposedly with a 5 year warranty and guarantee zero dead pixels. The fact is that I have left one or 2 dead pixels and I like that they changed me. What should I do? For starters, do not know how to tell the monitor is not Spain, there will be problems? On the other hand, if I say I want to change it for dead pixels, I'd change? If not, what should I say? Even if you have to say anything else I say it, for example I notice ghosting or anything, no, no idea! I need help! The pixels are blue. Thanks for any help.

Re: Change dell 2407WFP-HC monitor purchased on eBay for dead pixel

Here I just add something for you. Do not worry. Dell's warranty is international, and for this model Dell monitor are those who give you the guarantee zero dead pixels, not the seller, so this is very easy to fix: call Dell Technical Support in Spain, tell them you have dead pixels out, I asked the service tag (identification number that comes in the back of the monitor) and they will take care of everything. It is good to buy from Dell. It would be important to clarify that because depending on who you give zero dead pixels warranty, the seller or manufacturer, you have to go to one or the other.

Are you sure your Dell 2407WFP-HC has 0 dead pixels warranty? I would say no, because I follow this monitor in its day, and had the same warranty that my Dell 2007WFP, you have to have certain number of dead or defective pixels to be worth the change, but with the guarantee premium the new Dell 2408WFP/2709WFP/3008WFP in these models if there is warranty of 0 dead pixels, but with certain clauses, I can confirm because I have a pair of Dell 2408WFP, but the 2407WFP-HC has the same standard warranty that my Dell 2007WFP, at least what I remember.

This wanted to get there, I think that in any event the offered guarantees of pixel 0 would be the seller, and this is limited to your monitor, meaning that the seller guarantees that the monitor came with no defective pixels will not if you cover the entire warranty period the vendor pixels (I doubt), but well, if you have this information so it would be good to clarify everything, I in advance so I can tell you that I remember as I was behind this monitor and Dell has followed on the same warranty that my Dell 2007WFP, i.e. a standard warranty that will monitor changes in case you have a certain number of dead pixels.

I put out that every x hours and tomorrow I bring one of the same features, but I have got an unpleasant surprise: I bought the monitor with alleged 4 years warranty (I think, at least 3 insurance) and the guarantee of 0 pixels. If the employee is dell, which was not related to my serial number and order number. Well, I could not find the serial number would say. Told me that the monitor is left when not guarantee until 2009! I bought it 1 year? As possible that he just is 1 more years? Also said it has no guarantee of more. Moreover, the seller has already given me several order numbers and a pair of customer numbers. They are not lying, as they have their orders and such, but do not know why, but I cannot consult the web. Another question that gnaws me: what if now is a monitor with me dead pixels? Replacement to be I can complain? Is there any way to see the description on eBay an item expired? Now I have only the title and little else. So I cannot make sure of what the 4 year warranty. I hope that the monitor is not worse to come!

Today I have received the monitor, but now it seems to me he has another problem. Colors where the other monitor put them in Normal, was very different from the colors them all to 100%. Normal, it's like to have everything 100%. So much so that if I put normal custom and there is no difference, is this normal? One very important thing, the monitor had the leg posts and a new VGA cable already connected, no protector or anything else, just guards in the box, so it will not conk out, this roll is that? Do not assume that the monitor should be NEW? We also see that looks all too clear, the desktop and such, more than the other. If the application is not configured with NVIDIA looks pretty bad, much as touch the brightness or whatever. This is normal? Another thing, these people should not have been the other monitor at the time to bring me this or take a few days? Call dell or what? I have no problems.

No, repaired monitors and people without reason, the package returns again and send them to request a replacement who is using the guarantee as it should be. Logic would not send a new monitor every time someone made use of the guarantee that Dell monitors do not come free. Often do so precisely to compare the two monitors, and will contact you to tell you when it will pick up the monitor you choose to return.