Thread: Evga Geforce 460 GTX not recognized for StarCraft 2

Evga Geforce 460 GTX not recognized for StarCraft 2

There are problems with some maps, especially when the number of units becomes very large; your game becomes a bottleneck of the CPU instead of the graphics card. It is very easy to say that there is a bottleneck in the CPU. Load up a repeat 4v4 that has more than 30 minutes, rather than follow the action or turn on the cam player, go to a remote corner of the map and just look at the dark. I guarantee that your graphics cards are not doing a job when you do that. You're basically taking the graphics card in the equation. Now look at your fps. At first, when everyone is starting out, you must be 60 fps cap, no salary cap can be of 100-200fps or something ridiculous. But as the game progresses, your fps will drop. Especially late game when a great battle somewhere in the map, not even see it, you can find his fall below 60 fps, or even below 30 if your processor is not up to it. That's the CPU bottleneck there. Your graphics card is not doing any work, but your processor is not able to send 60fps value of information to the card, because there are so many things happening.

Re: Evga Geforce 460 GTX not recognized for StarCraft 2

It just might be your particular brand of GTX 460. No single type of GTX 460, so if one person has all the problems that should have. I've seen accidents occur on a certain brand of 4870, but do not affect me because I had another brand. There are several types of each model, with practice PCB and bios, as each company comes with different types of the same graphics card. It can only mean that only affects EVGA GTX 460, or your specific model of the EVGA GTX 460. Note that Nvidia does not have the cards. Only to design, and the other companies do the rest. For all I know, there could be one of those super special EVGA recorded 460 with the new changes that increase the clocks by 7%. Sc2 may not recognize that because the BIOS in question were not in the database?

Well good to ask questions, but do not dismiss my post as "irrelevant" as in the previous post, as even apparently does not know what is happening right now. EXACTLY my point has to do with the OP, because as I said before, GTX 460 has multi-brand, custom PCB, and biographies of custom, and any of these factors may trigger an unidentified graphics card. I'm not trying to troll, flame or disrespect or anything, but I like people dismiss my comments as irrelevant because it seems "unlikely." I'm trying to say it can be StarCraft 2 is to blame for not recognizing your specific card, and a patch that would solve.

GTX 460 is very good. Currently the number of units on the map is so dependent on the CPU, as the game progresses, it is likely to fall below 50 or even 40fps in 3v3 and 4v4. If you have any Ultra and maintained above 60, you need a core i7 overclocked. And even a 4.0 GHz Core i7 sometimes fall below 60 in 4v4. Either drop the settings, or living with 40-50fps. Give more incentives to win. Want to 60fps? Then, reduce the number of units your opponent has on the map.

I have a Galaxy GTX 460 1GB GC and mine is not recognized. When I can change the settings manually for even the medium setting, I hang them back to win 7 x 64 to 10 minutes of the game. I spent more than 10 times I got tired and returned to my PNY 8800GT 512MB which I hear also had too many problems, but I have not had any accidents with that card. It seems that the GTX 460 is not used properly, as it is a new card and now is just collecting dust, while decreased again to my 8800GT 512 MB. Any inform on how soon the patch is coming out because it's unreasonable that nearly all gaming sites is to recommend the GTX 460 1GB graphics card as perfect for this game when it is not even recognized by SC2.

What if the card is not recognized? The SC2 only way to tell the letters that make it through the NVIDIA drivers. Optimizations may be missing here and there for specific cards, but all basic DirectX calls are still available. And this game does not really use any call. Even when the 1.1 patch comes out, just fill out the optimizations. The essential functions will not change. You may have improved about 10% when the patch comes. In other words, if you are having problems, you still have problems when the patch comes. Ultra Card currently handles very well; the important thing is that you need a powerful CPU to support it.