Thread: Dell U2410 display not working properly

Dell U2410 display not working properly

I am using Dell U2410 associated with a Mac Pro 2009 through an ATI Radeon HD 4870. When I just pay money for it I observe a few times that the screen would merely turn out to be all scrambled noise identical to a TV set would with not any indication. It simply did it 3 or 4 times and just lasted a second or so, so I actually didn't disburse much concentration judgment that the problem was a loose-fitting cable. Seeing as then it not at all happened another time. The problems started come into view again a few days ago but this time something moreover is occurrence. The screen found flickering indiscriminately and regularly it happens subsequent to some time the monitor has been in make use of. Earlier to the flickering I can observe on black backgrounds a number of red pixels blinking arbitrarily over and done with the screen and then explosion suddenly the screen go away to PSM then straight away come around then reverse to PSM. I am out of ideas. Please help me.

Re: Dell U2410 display not working properly

Hello I think this is monitor problem. Sometimes, monitor shows unwanted moves in its pixel settings. The other possibility is software issue. May this is happening because of some corrupted software which tries to affect your system by using unwanted viruses? And if it’s a hardware problem then try your monitor with other system. Or you have to try another monitor to test on the Mac. try this with your monitor it will help you to identify your problem. I hope it will work.

I have been able to construct several additional testing along with two other systems. One is a laptop and I linked it to the u2410 through a VGA line. There was no difficulty in any way. Then I struggle with a desktop windows and I associated it to the u2410 with a DVI line. Again there was no trouble at all. As soon as I plug up back the u2410 to the Mac Pro the matter started happening another time. I am consequently disposed to accept as true that the difficulty comes from the MAC. I don't think it's a graphic card hardware problem but somewhat associated to the operating system OS 10.6.4. Freshly there was a Graphic Update from Apple however it didn't fix whatever thing.

Hello I am facing similar kind of problem. I experienced the u2410 with an additional MAC. But it won’t work. The difficulty immediately came back. Even though as of this last test it appears the problem arrive from the compatibility of the monitor through MAC OS. I am in reality puzzled by the information it didn't occur for over 11 month and at the moment it only occur when the monitor has functioned for a at the same time as. If I turn it off for a little time the difficulty is disappeared. I have actually enjoyed this monitor but I am in reality starting to acquire irritated through this problem. Any suggestion would be respected.

It is supposed to be obviously declared on the monitor's specs that it is not experienced through MAC as an alternative of then telling customers when they have problem that it was certainly not tested through a MAC. Or the simplest obsession to do is to merely test the monitors through the MAC in the opportunity. Hope that it is in Dell's forthcoming efforts from the time when though MACs consumer are not as widespread as PCs' I do consider they correspond to a certain segment of Dell Customers and take no notice of MAC users is no excellent. Thank you

Why you are not trying the system and the hardware experiment it is extremely cooperative in such circumstances. Dell makes available a troubleshooting instrument through every product they sell and I estimate you must have as well got one. So include that CD into the system and after that start the experiment it will examine if some hardware failure has come about on your system or not. Just initiate the tests it will absolutely consent to you know what is mistaken through the monitor and then you can take hard to pin down action according to it. I am in no doubt that this will help you to resolve the problem.