Thread: Philips 46pfl9705h TV backlight turns on automatically during night

Philips 46pfl9705h TV backlight turns on automatically during night

Hello friends I am having some kind of a silly thing that is happening with this new Philips 46pfl9705h LCD TV as the backlight of this panel automatically gets on in the night after I have turned the TV off before I go to sleep. Before going to sleep I switch of the TV and all the lights are off, but when I wake up in the morning I find that the backlight is on and it seems that the TV was functioning the whole night, so can someone help me to know that what is the problem and how to make this light remain in off mode only.

Re: Philips 46pfl9705h TV backlight turns on automatically during night

Dude are you completely plugging off the TV that is along with switching off are you completely removing the plugs from the socket as well, since there could be a possibility that if you have kept the TV plugged in the socket so it is possible that some family member might be watching TV and that is why you see the light when the next day you come to watch the TV, so first make it clear that whether someone is trying to make you fool or not and then see what you can do.

Dude I would want to know that are you turning the Tv off completely or are you keeping the TV in the standby mode, since in that also the TV acts like it is completely off and all the lights goes off as well. So if this is the case then I would expect that there could be a possibility that your TV might come out of the standby mode during the night automatically and that is why you are getting the backlight of the TV on during the night.

I am not keeping the Tv in the standby mode, I am just turning it off from the front switch that is present in front of the TV, also I the is no one in my family who will try to watch the TV in the night so one thing is certain this is from the TV itself. I would want to know that only I am facing the problem or anyone else, please post your reply quickly as this is happening every night.

Dude you are not alone, even I have come to know that the back light of my Philips Tv automatically gets on in the night even after I have turned it off before sleeping, I really don’t know that what is causing the backlight to get on automatically. I have tried to find out who is causing this and why this is happening but unfortunately I didn’t find any way why the backlight is switching on again and again, can anyone suggest.

Hey guys I have come to know why you all are facing this kind of a weird problem with the backlight of the NetTv , it is because the TV automatically gets the channel update in the night and that is the reason why you are getting the backlight of the TV on. Also as far as I know the internal update with the channel happens every morning and that is why I think you might get the light on after that time of the early morning, so need to worry at all.