Thread: Ati mobility Radeon HD 5470 video driver not working with Dell Studio XPS 16

Ati mobility Radeon HD 5470 video driver not working with Dell Studio XPS 16

I am having a Dell Studio XPS 16 laptop, this is running with currently installed windows 7 ultimate 32 bit, the system was working fine till the last date, but suddenly there is a problem occurred with the video output, this is not proper. Though after encountered the problem I searched in many of the website but did not found any such positive response regarding the problem. The actual problem is that the video is not stable, as per my knowledge I think this is occurring for the graphics driver, this is Ati mobility Radeon HD 5470. Am I right or there might be any other cause of this issue. Any input will be appreciated greatly.

Re: Ati mobility Radeon HD 5470 video driver not working with Dell Studio XPS 16

I don’t think so it might be happening for the graphics driver of your system, I recommend you to check whether there is any visual application or any other graphics program is installed in your system or not. Whereas I was also facing relevant type of issue, after that when I searched on this I found this may be a cause of this issue. so if you are having any such kind of application in your system then remove that one from your system, now try to play the game, I hope this time it will not occur any problem.

Re: Ati mobility Radeon HD 5470 video driver not working with Dell Studio XPS 16

As per my opinion, is this problem occurring right after install the windows 7 OS? If yes then I think the video driver is not compatible with the operating system version that you are using in your system, for that you are not getting proper video output. Make sure about that, and if required then download eth appropriate driver from the manufacturer web site and install into your system, it will replace with the existing one. Try this , I hope it will help you somehow.

The problem might also be occurring for the hardware devices, for that I would like to recommend you to consult with dell support team, because I was also getting similar issue in my system with the audio out , though after that like everyone I was also applied many tricks to resolve this issue, but nothing was helped me to get back the audio in my system, after that I simply contact with the manufacturer support team and get help from them, it was occurred for some of the faults on my onboard.

According to me, regarding the problem did you tried with the driver reload process, open device manager and then open display tab, under that right click on the device driver and choose the update option, select advanced recommended option , it will directs you to locate the device driver from its desire place , browse and choose the installation file of that driver and run the installation process, wait till it completes mad requires for reboot you system, go through this, I hope this will surely help you.

Many thanks to everyone for your kind response to my problem, although after getting error with every tricks, I simply tried with the driver reload process, but before that I was also applied other tricks those were mentioned in this thread. But only get help after reload the video driver; mainly I replace the earlier driver with the latest one, and along with also change the display setting of ,my system and now there is no issue with the video output.