Thread: Philips 40PFL7605H TV monitor crashes while watching media through usb

Philips 40PFL7605H TV monitor crashes while watching media through usb

Hello friends I have just purchased this new Philips 40PFL7605H Tv set so as to get to know that what has made a huge hype with the TV set, although all its features juts looked fine and I think that this is a incredible invention in terms of a LED tv having integrated all the features of a pc as well. Since there is a usb port directly on the TV itself, so I just inserted my external hard disk inside the port and begin to watch the movies, but as soon as some 20 minutes passes watching the movie I find that the TV crashes and I have to again restart it again, and when I switch back on, the stand by light just starts blinking. Unfortunately I have to wait for almost an hour before the TV starts normally, so can someone figure out what I am going through.

Re: Philips 40PFL7605H TV monitor crashes while watching media through usb

First of all make sure that the hard disk that you are trying to connect to your Philips TV isn’t affected with some sort of a virus since that could also be the reason of crashing your TV. It is always recommended that you must give a scan to the hard disk so that all the bad portion of its memory and that it can work smoothly on any device that you would want. So I think that it is always better that you must clean each and every thing before connecting it to the device.

Dude since there is one more usb slot in the device so it is always better that you must try out connecting the hard disk of yours to the other slot as well and then see if it can get to work with the other slot as well. It can be possible that the other slot through which you are trying to attach the hard disk might be defected and that is the reason why you are unable to get the movies to work for more than 20 minutes, so try this out first and then see what else we can do if the problem persists.

Have you first tried running the external hard disk with some other device like any desktop or a laptop which you might be having since there are always chances that the hard disk itself might be corrupted and that is why it is unable to run on the Philips TV of yours so first make sure that the hard disk is fit and fine and running of all the device as possible, then we can get a clear idea so as where the real problem lies.

Guys I have tried out all the solutions that you have provided to me but unfortunately none of them was able to work for me, I have checked my external hard disk with the other device as well and I have found that the hard disk function accurately with my laptop. I have even given a good antivirus scan to the hard disk and I am sure that there isn’t any kind of a bad memory as well. Also the TV crashes no matter which usb port I try to connect so can any one help me to know where is the real problem.

Dude try updating the TV’s firmware as I have come to know that there could be a problem with the firmware of the TV which might not be allowing you to get the hard disk to function properly with the Philips TV, the latest software for your Philips TV is version 140.27. Also if that even does not solve the problem than there could be a possibility that the TV usb port might not be able to handle the power that is required for the hard disk to run, it will only make use of a normal flash drive.