Thread: New HD6950 Monitors cannot able to power on after sleep mode

New HD6950 Monitors cannot able to power on after sleep mode

I do build my new system. So far so good, but a difficulty that I imagine is connected to the new HD6950 that I have. When the computer goes into standby, the monitor turns on again (3 at Dell 2405). It is as if there's just no video signal is awake after the PC. I can hear the power of the PC again as normal (lights and remove the fan) but nothing on screen. I tried the entire sorts of settings, monitors power on / off, etc, and not anything works so far.

re: New HD6950 Monitors cannot able to power on after sleep mode

Hello friend, I am not too confident if this will solve your problem or not it, however you have PCI Express connection State Power Management - Off. I put this to ON in my computer, then check power management in the device manager. If power management is off, and the PC to go to sleep, this may be the prevention of the GPU to go sleep! I hope this information will capable to solve your problem. After trying it send me the result.

Probably drivers or bios causes problem in your case. I had a parallel difficulty with my Intel IGP does not come back after sleep. All I could do was set the bios to not go s3 s1, but fair. It worked very well with a enthusiastic GPU. Outlandish that the difficulty was fixed at what time I went back to my IGP after 9800Gtx died. If you not tried this then try it first. I hope this is sufficient information to solve your problem or you can try another tips if you have.

Hello friend, something parallel has happened to me; unluckily I was not capable of locate a solution. It happened among my aged 4870 but at the present time I have a 6950 without troubles, I also wish for to know why these things occur with me. And if possible then you should to go with 6950 same as me. Definitely your problem goes far away from you. Otherwise you have to search on the net or make the contact with pc repairer.

I have three monitors matching Dell 2405. I have my main connected to the DVI native. My left monitor is connected to VGA to DVI adapter so I can watch blue-rays without any problems with HDCP. My right monitor is Hokkaido active adapter DP to DVI, so I can use Eyefinity. So I really do not have many options to reconfigure them. Indeed, the problem of standby mode if I am in Eyefinity standard or extended desktop. I hope this will help you.