Thread: How to set up a wireless connection on Philips 46PFL7705D

How to set up a wireless connection on Philips 46PFL7705D

Hello friends I had purchased this new Philips 46PFL7705D Net TV think that I would be able to enjoy the wireless net connection as well with the TV. Although I am able to connect internet onto this TV with the help of the Ethernet cable that is connected to my wireless router, but I would want to get the connection without the cables that is I would want to have a wireless connection. So for this I need your help to know that how will I get the wireless connection done.

Re: How to set up a wireless connection on Philips 46PFL7705D

Hey friend I don’t think so that there could be any kind of a possibility as such so as to connect the TV to the router without the use of the cables since it is the TV and you will not have the features of the normal system where it can be able to detect the wireless signals, since I haven’t made use of the TV as yet so I cannot judge that the TV will be able to detect the wireless signal as well, so according to me there is are very less chances of the same.

Dude since you already have the wireless router with you so you will only have to download and install the wireless drivers for the same on your TV and have to create a network profile with the TV that allows you to detect the wireless connection and then on finding the same you can easily connect it to the router to get the internet to access wirelessly. So do this and see if I works for you or not.

Before doing anything silly you must first contact the Philips customer card and ask them about the ways through which we will be able to connect the TV wirelessly to the router in order to get the connection. They will be able to give you the exact and the relevant information about the same whether it is possible to get the wireless connection with the TV or not. So first ask them and take the initiative.

Hey if you would want the Philips TV to detect the wireless signal so as to get the wireless connection for that you will need to make use of the Philips PTA01 USB WLAN Stick which can be inserted at the back of the TV and from where you will be able to get the TV to detect the wireless signals. Also I think that you will be able to install some kind of a Wi-Fi MediaConnect software that can help to get the connection of the internet easily.

Thank you guys contacting the customer care did helped me out solving the problem of the wireless connection, infact the solution that is posted above is the same that the customer care had suggested me, I have brought the Philips PTA01 USB WLAN Stick and have inserted the same into my TV and have making use of the wireless connection effectively.