Thread: High idle temperature of GTX 580

High idle temperature of GTX 580

I recently noticed that my GTX 580 is more audible at rest lately, what used to be absolute silence. EVGA Precision is a reading that is 60c fan speed @ 48%, while a couple of months ago were 40 cents to 40% fan speed. I wonder if anyone else has experienced this. Is the reference cooled card and has never been overclocked. I removed the card and tried to clean the dust, but there was. I do not know why the card is heating up. My room is pretty cool and the side panel is off my case. Anyone has any idea about this? Please if anyone find any information or any useful information than please provide me.

Re: High idle temperature of GTX 580

Are you certain its 2D clocks? You can ensure for example, MSI Afterburner or same. Using a revive rate of 120 Hz in the desktop 3D card to force the clocks in my knowledge. Are you sure that is also, in fact, at idle, which is not detectable using the GPU? A well ventilated case is the key. I just installed a fan of big box in my panel cases right at the top of my 2 580 GTX. I went from 80c full load w / fan or 68c at full load with fan box. I suggest adding more case fans.

Here I just want to add something about this topic. Removing the side panel do not always provide the best cooling, ventilated case can stay a little fresher rather than a case without side panel installed as the air moves continuously through components, which means heat is transferred out of the components and out of the box compared to the stale air heating. What if I use it?

I observed that the temperatures go up if MSN Messenger is the period, as well leaving open definite web pages will as well increase the temperature, a rise is not little either, as the previous poster, generally inactive in 40c but with certain websites or open msn 60c crazy. The case is a Centurion Cooler Master 590 (cheap-o case) and I rarely had the side (never had since I came to the GTX 580). I have a single 120 mm fan installed on the side that blows outward, but produced more noise and never made a difference.

I had same problem with my previous 470 and EVGA precision. IIRC I upgraded to build more accurate and the problem disappeared. The next time he makes his entrance precision and sees if it has gone to 3D mode (which was being done to mine.) The side panel fan is blowing cold air on the graphics card IMO. OP Thought quotes published - but OP can look and see if you are going.

It was clear who were the two major pitfalls with which he faced in Nvidia GTX 480, temperature and energy consumption were very high in the 480 and now are much more tuned to the GTX 580, according to Nvidia internal testing in about 25 % better efficiency (i.e., the ratio power / watt). To achieve a lower operating temperature have developed what they call Vapor-Chamber Cooling Design, which amounts to a small pocket of air and fluid, using physical properties, makes heat dissipation more efficiently than traditional devices.

I thought I was using precision (since 1 post) or you are using the MSI + AB? You should be able to look up the chart and see what happens is when GPU core. Label: core GPU would lose 772 (3D mode) to 51 to enter the 2D mode - my central figures may be misleading, since it has been a while since I EVGA 470, but should have similar numbers. If you are using MSI Precision AB + I suggest you pick one and remove the other as IIRC they will conflict.