Thread: Getting black error code 2000-0321 on Dell XPS M1330 LCD

Getting black error code 2000-0321 on Dell XPS M1330 LCD

I am out of guarantee for the Dell XPS M1330 laptop screen has disappeared blank. I can get a screen using a HDMI cable for driving a monitor. I have not tested the VGA port is working. If the power, hold down the D key, the display cycles through the target and the three primary colors, and then goes blank on boot begins. Report prior to the start of a diagnostic error message was not detected LCD 2000-0321. I am willing to dismantle the equipment to test and replace parts, having done this with several Dell laptops in the past. Can anyone suggest the sequence to try and test the new parts?

Re: Getting black error code 2000-0321 on Dell XPS M1330 LCD

I have exactly the same problem with my M1530. HDMI and VGA works fine, but on the internal screen is black. (There is a fundamental difficulty). Power + D also show flashes of solid colors, full diagnosis 0321 reports. I tend to believe that LCD is a trouble, but the key test D makes me thinks of another way again. So I tried this first thing to try is an external monitor to verify that there is no picture on it. This system model has a defective Nvidia chip in it. If the external monitor is fine, the next step is the cable. If a replacement cord does not solve the problem, replace the screen.

This is strange, now, suddenly, the screen starts working again and complete diagnostics show no error. Is this a symptom of the LCD screen of death, or something else? I do not think this is the LCD screen cable and the laptop did not move even when left on the table connected to a peripheral monitor through the CGA. And suddenly the screen started working again. I have to fix the problem for good (for a few months at least) so I can give my sister will not be able to fix it and it is on the other side of the country. If anyone had similar problems and knows what the problem is, I really be grateful for your comments.

The monitor showed a giant black band on one side of this evening. I tried to restart the computer and the screen is dead again only time it does not display anything if I press the D key and power. Backlight sometimes shown, sometimes not, but almost always shows alternating with color screens. I took a chance and I was once a LCD supplier had in stock, to my disappointment the new screen is exactly the same. The guy from the store to test my existing LCD and said it works fine. Well, I think I'm in the LCD cable, inverter and the mother. I hope it's not the motherboard, and has no financial sense to replace the measure could not buy a new laptop a bit more. This works very well with the external monitor or HDTV, so I hope it's just a cable problem. What do you think? Furthermore, when the screen is black, there is absolutely no picture, so I tend to believe that the problem is not the investor.

This is my first post here. A few weeks ago, out of nowhere, I began to feel the same. I want to see videos and then the screen would go black. I was not sure what was happening, so I kept turning off the power, from time to time, hit the power button. My friend told me it could be the graphics driver, but when I tried to go to get an update, which did the same. If I have luck, I can get the image on the TV (HDMI cable). It starts looking for a problem. And I think it makes the same mistake. Anyway, I went to buy the best for your exam, but had no luck could not get a view on the external display. Suggested I call Dell - but I'm sure their support could not help because I cannot turn on the laptop. Has anyone found a solution? I'm seeing that there is a question of liquid crystal. If this is the motherboard which is expensive and may not be buying? If I can do that, is it true that I can get my drive and make an external hard drive so you can access all my files, programs on another laptop?

My problem was similar to mine in which the PC itself starts and runs well, but only the LCD screen would not work most times. However, the PC works with the external monitor or TV via the HDMI port. I was thinking of using mine as a HTPC, but if you want to get hard, you can put in an outer box and retrieve all your data. I've never seen the issue with external displays, but if you're starting to see problems with them too, then I'm afraid it might be a motherboard problem the motherboard runs a little under $ 200 on eBay, but allowing for you will not get a reliable guarantee that, in place does not make much sense since you could probably buy a new laptop like power of about 350 now. Does anyone with similar problems have success with a cable replacement LCD? That’s one thing I'm willing to try.