Thread: Philips PFL8605H cannot connect to internet

Philips PFL8605H cannot connect to internet

I am facing this problem from last three days and cannot resolve the issue. My father purchased a philips PFL8605H and have been attempting to connect to the Internet from then. I handled to acquire a connection for the router I can make out the device when looking at the router and there is no problem to ping as of my laptop. When I attempted to connect to Net TV all I find is the message "Cannot find internet connection." Internet functions for every device. The only thing odd I noticed is that it is placing the DNS name toward the default gateway, except could not obtain a decent DNS but router should hold that anyhow. Please tell me that how can it solved?

Re: Philips PFL8605H cannot connect to internet

I am not sure that this will solve the issue for you but as you told that you are getting the message "Cannot find internet connection." Then according to me, you will have to use DHCP on your router as well as TV. This can let you out of the problem. I am saying you to do this as I found the same solution on many sides for the issues like this and so I think that its not be harmful to give it a try and see if that helps you. Good Luck!!!

The best way for this is to send you Ethernet MAC address via email to Nettv.support@philips.com and ask them about the problem and let them see if they are able to see you connected there. If you don’t know that how can you get the Ethernet MAC address then you can do the following to get that.
    1. Just set the TV on a usual TV channel
    2. After that press 123654from the remote control
    3. After this, you will get the Customer Service Menu; CSM1.
    4. When you see that then, press the down button 2 times from remote.

When you do that then you will get the CSM3 and you will see the MAC address there.

It can also be some problem with the firmware in the Net TV that you are using and so you are getting that message. Just check the version of the firmware that is there in your case. If you found that there is availability of the latest firmware from them then download and install that in your device. There can be many possible reasons for this and this is one of the most possible reasons for this issue. I hope that updating firmware will solve the problem for you.

Before doing anything else to it, you should contact the technical support and ask them that what is the problem with this and how can this be resolved. They will tell you that what is the exact problem with this and how it can be resolved. This should be your first step to solve this problem. If you don’t have much knowledge of this then don’t try anything because it may create more problem for you.