Thread: Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) internet Issue

Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) internet Issue

I have this Philips 42PFL9664H television. I used WPA (Wi-Fi Protected Access) wireless internet connection a time ago for streaming net TV. But unfortunately, I had to switch to WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy) internet connection. Now my net TV’s (RTL GEMIST) buffering speed is very slow as compared to before. Also the play menu, where you can see if the video is playing or is on pause; is still (stuck) on the screen. What can be the problem? Is it the WEP that is causing all this?

Re: Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) internet Issue

Dude, first check your internet connection speed. It seems your speed is very low and that’s why the videos are streaming very slow or lagging sometime while you playing anything on your television. Did you move your TV or your router from the position it was before? Maybe the signal strength at your present position is worse than where you had placed it before. Check the connections, whether everything is placed in there right place or not.

You did not mention anything much about the connection speed WEP provides you with. Net TV usually requires about 2Mb/sec connection speed for a standard Apps, 4Mb/sec for video Apps and 8Mb/sec for HD video Apps. So do check whether your WEP fulfill these requirements or not. Usually the cheapest internet providers offer you enough speed that you can use your Net TV with no much trouble.

It was definitely stupid of me to move from WPA to WPE. I wouldn’t have done so if there were no internet connection issues on my laptop with previous connection. I checked my connection speed and it seems to be pretty much fine. Net TV is not that demanding. Also the connection signals are OK. This trouble happens only sometimes. Any other solution will be appreciated. Please Help!!

According to me the problems you are facing could be caused by other factors, like an overload at the Register transfer level (RTL). I would suggest you to do following things. Press the pause button, wait a few seconds and then press play. This will help to load the internal memory buffer, enough to look RTL without creating interrupts. Also, if the Drivecast App (an application for HD video) plays the Videos well, then you are surely not facing any connection speed issue. The speed usually wont hamper Net TV Apps.