Thread: High Failure rate with Sapphire HD 4870X2

High Failure rate with Sapphire HD 4870X2

I am really embarrassed with the way the Sapphire HD 4870X2 got screwed that I have specially mounted on my system as I heard that it was the best graphics card that would really helps to give such a high performance and much anticipated graphics that is required. But now after using it for just little under a year I have got this card damaged by itself, I would want to know that is this being faced by all of the users of it, or is it that only I am facing the problem.

Re: High Failure rate with Sapphire HD 4870X2

It is so sad that after spending so much of the money to get this card and latter on losing it with no use of it at all, I wonder that you might have got the graphics card to overclock to such a extent that it might have not grabbed the frequencies and the heat and that is why it might have got damaged. So if this is true than the same thing will happen no matter whatever graphics card you try to take, so it is always better that you overclock till it is required.

Hey bro, this was exactly the same problem that I had faced with this card as I have got the card to damaged with no reasons at all, everything was working fine but one day I found that the card was not functioning at all, the games that I tried to play after that were weird to look as compared to the previous that I was playing, even same goes to the graphics and the picture quality, I think that it is not the best card for delivering the requirements and I would urge everyone not to use this at all.

The Sapphire HD has certainly made almost all its customers a fool by not providing the kind of a product that the company had requested prior to the release of the 4870X2 graphics card into the market. What I think that they have just given all its customers a fake hope that the card will going to function the best as compared to all that are there in the market, as well what I think it was just the hype surrounding the graphics card that made customers to go for it.

Guys I find this SAPPHIRE HD 4870 X2 series features the latest unified shader architecture with support for Shader Model 4.1 and DirectX 10.1 connected to feature the latest PCI-Express Gen 2.0. The architecture incorporates 800 stream processors and memory controller with 512-bit ring bus intended for high-end models SAPPHIRE HD 4850 and the previous combining with several rendering units and a programmable unit to make sure exceptional graphics performance. I think that the failure might certainly due to the some high PSU supplied.