Thread: Dual Monitor shows 100% clock in idle state with GTX260

Dual Monitor shows 100% clock in idle state with GTX260

Hi, I have GTX260. I have read two monitors is the cause of my problem with all watches are 100% even when I'm on the desktop (without aero) is there any way to get down without doing it manually? And it is possible that in the 2010 nvidia cannot do a good driver? At any rate I look for for matter and I found a maximum number of people with the same problem as I am with evga precision low profile while in 2d. But the minimum evga precision can establish that there is so minimal, for example 465 MHz for the clock at least. But that's what you do not want to do; I mean I do not want to change the clock on the GPU I risking my graphic card! This is something nvidia does not make me!

Re: Dual Monitor shows 100% clock in idle state with GTX260

There is not anything we are able to do regarding it. Nvidia does not support 2D modes clock with grief. This is a hardware + software problem. Do not install multi-display 2D clocks in anticipation of the GTX 400 series. Get used to it after awhile. Believe me I am familiar with it I have been running demonstrate since the 8800 duel. If you are worried about the fan noise there is completely no motive to modify. Leave the fan on auto. If the card will run hotter at idle, but that does not matter because the heat is dumped into the case / air and the card will not affect in any way.

I become aware of all the additional populace with GTX260 or less and with two monitors always 100% clock. I almost solved this through evga precision. Automatically establishes a minimum clock when I am on the desktop and place when I open a game. Hardware supports hers. But they did not. I mean as hell is not a new technology. ATI had in the series HD3k. I was the only person who bitched about the strongest here. It's ****ing annoying. But since I run F @ H I almost stopped up thoughtful subsequent to a despite the fact that.

I have tried the similar obsession on my GTX260 and spent a large amount of time and effort in reading and playing with him. The card was intended to uphold speed at what time two monitors 2d are active for recital. Accuracy has allowed only taking it to the bottom of the bottle (in the range of 400 MHz). I remember reading that Afterburner had a way of taking him out of range slider, but never managed to do so. NvidiaInspector was the answer for me. Go to the overclocking segment of the software and release the 2d speed to smallest amount. If I remember correctly you can tell it to apply that speed at startup. You can also make a shortcut to that profile and I did too.

I was clever to set my GTX 260 at inactive speed to 130 MHz through two monitors on it. I work all day by browsers and additional applications of 2D through two monitors I have not at all had a hint of difficulty. When I go to launch a 3D application it switched back to 3d speeds very well too. If you get problems when you switch back to 3d violin speeds with the 4 different levels of performance that has drop-down list and put them in a way that each of the levels is not too big of a step in speed to the next. I heard that you may have trouble moving the idle speed to low speed 3D without stepping through incremental speeds in the center. I never that this problem though. When I go to make use of a game that will start the exactitude that brought the card to next to least 400 MHz before it was all the way to overclock my speed once the game launched.

Rate will be adjusted so that the BIOS cards are already telling you to do. As BIOS says If 3D performance go to that speed, if in 3d moderate use to go to that speed, if 2D go at that speed, when it is not going at this speed. NvidiaInspector allowed to leave the range of what the BIOS of the cards is that each of these states. You could even make your own choice bios with speeds and reflash the card with it and always behave that way without using software such as Precision or NvidiaInspector OC'ing. Making your own changes permanent is like editing a page in a Word document. I have never been bold enough or considered myself qualified enough to try it myself however. I am sure many here have done their biographies custom and can walk through it if you're willing to deal with that.