Thread: Image shifts sideways with AMD Radeon HD 6870

Image shifts sideways with AMD Radeon HD 6870

I'm getting this strange error with my AMD Radeon HD 6870. As the title propose, while playing a game or anything graphics rigorous, the monitor image spontaneously would move sideways and the truncated part of the image displayed on the other side of the screen. I'm using the catalyst 10.12 at this time with two monitors. The issue began to appear for any driver version 10.10e past. Well, no one has encountered this problem?

Re: Image shifts sideways with AMD Radeon HD 6870

I had spent the night happen when I was testing some overclocking on benchmarking (my Windows Start button was on the right of the screen with a black space that separates it from top to bottom) are u overclocking? 3DMark11 too do not seem to be correct in some tests, I think this card has a trouble with 1280x720 resolution because I cannot get the resolution BFBC2 too, seems too big for my monitor (1680x1050), but I've never had this problem before with all my other cards, hopefully a new driver can fix this problem.

This seems to be a graphic driver issue to me as your machine might not be having a proper graphic drivers installed on it due to which it is not showing you the way you want. I suggest you to update the graphic drivers to the latest one which should solve such issues regarding the graphics. But the one more thing to notice here is to check that even your machine has a latest drivers, It might happen that they have got damaged. So try reinstalling them.

That the clocks in 2D games use 3D clocks, which is much higher. You could try Afterburner, hitting the fan at 100% and lower core clocks and memory and see if stable, to try some games. Reading over a lot of people find this Metro2033 perhaps for other games. 3D clocks are the default option - 900 MHz for the GPU and 1050 for memory. I have contacted the company where you purchased the equipment and are sending a new card. Is your opinion (and my conclusion) that the card is defective. I would advise anyone with similar problems to find a similar solution if possible.

Whenever I have the monitor connected and click "automatic" in the monitor, the monitor auto-adjust its focus WAY out. In other words, a black bar on the left, and the whole image is shifted to the right about 3 inches. The manual setting options on the monitor not correct since a void this big, so I have to stay with several inches of monitor unusable, not to mention the part of the image the right side of the screen. To solve this problem, I have to disconnect the monitor, find another computer with a monitor output port, connect it there, press self-adjusting while hooked to the computer in the correct resolution, and the problem is solved. Then you can take the monitor back to my own team, and everything looks good (until he accidentally hit the auto-adjustment button again.)