Thread: Compatibility between Voodoo 5500 & DirectX

Compatibility between Voodoo 5500 & DirectX

I know there are many issues discussed DFX cards and it gets old sometimes rehash of old questions. I know the hard core old voodoo gurus do not seem to care at all. Having said that I would like to know if there's a reason 9.0c DirectX test recognizes only 32 MB instead of 64 MB of memory on these cards? Is it because you V5 is not compatible with this version of DirectX? or is it just a technical problem with the test? I hope this does not turn into a lengthy discussion of other issues such as on Voodoo cards. If anyone has encountered this problem, please give a quick response. Thanks in advance.

Re: Compatibility between Voodoo 5500 & DirectX

There are 3rd party drivers for the Voodoo card. Because 3dfx is no driver support more power, one can only resort to these drivers. Must above all ensure that the driver supported in Direct X8.1. You'll get drivers will be more and more problems in the field, as have the 3rd party driver problems with Direct X support routines. Therefore, I advise you in the near future you enmal buy a new graphics card. You must not, however, especially for "The Guild" buy you a new card. You have to be aware, however, I can not recommend 3rd party drivers. This is called for to try.

Same card, and the same operating system. And that requires a game that not even open GL. In my opinion, is the having a bad joke. A graphics card just one and a half years in the market is no longer supported. What is the Win 7 or ME to bring the Voodoo 5 5500? Probably the same result as in XP, because the 3rd party driver to run 100% on far more expensive games! Now it says to wait when the first patch comes on the market, perhaps even before Anno 1503rd I would be very surprised indeed if Anno 1503 should run under the same conditions. The other entries in this forum I gather from the number of users running the game with restrictions. This unfortunately confirms the current trend in the software industry, the games are lately always thrown half finished to market. I think what some other industry could not afford such a procedure. Anyway, I'm stinky accurate ... But soon, manufacturers differentiate their minimum requirements on the packaging but please specify, or more extensively tested. I for one do not see it to switch the operating system completely. Get the game tomorrow at the dealer give back.

Disappointed, disappointed, disappointed ... This simple word alone sums up the mood in which I was following the purchase of this card. Already, the Voodoo 3, 3Dfx had fallen from his pedestal, but I thought frankly that the company would take a somewhat more elegant than the Voodoo 5 5500. Indeed, its elephantine the wing, its external power supply (yes, you must use a hard drive connector to provide enough "juice" in this model), two processors in SLI and its performance in the background, doing more of that card a desperate attempt by 3Dfx poiur keep pace with its competitors.

Voodoo5 5500 works absolutely fine under DirectX9 games considered, just install the directx9 or B, then get some new drivers to voodoofiles.com, locate the drivers for the 3 rd party, if you use Windows XP get the amigamerlin 3.0, if using win 7 to get the "3dhq vs-w9x-1.9 beta 10" driver, or "voodooliser 1.05.0_win9x_Me" amigamerlin drivers for win 7 is not good, the games are slow and certain accidents can, but that winXP are really the best. How do I know that it works with DirectX9? I am having a Voodoo 4 4500 and I am able to play most of the games that require DirectX 9.

NOTE: If this driver cannot yet play this game I recommend you use a program called 3Danalyse, which emulates several properties DirectX8.1 and 9.

According to me, Scenario seems to be bit different as the engine is whole different in different versions of DirectX. In Win9x Evos with the past, the game starts it shows the input screens, the intro movie and the menu. After that, everything is configurable, but I have seen that this could create problem to start a career, and I am not able to see the cars as well. Something like a layer of black covers the image, and only the radar and speed / turbo meters are visible.