Thread: Forceware 260.99 at rest kills the card

Forceware 260.99 at rest kills the card

I commented on this issue some time ago, but apparently have not yet been resolved.The drivers are entirely disabling my GTX260's fan at random (generally behind resuming from slumber or hibernation). It is like Nvidia is purposely trying to kill off elderly cards. As I said I previously posted this problem nearly month ago. But now also I am unable to find the proper solution of this problem so if anybody had faced this kind of problem then please tell me about solution.

Re: Forceware 260.99 at rest kills the card

I think I have been to these drivers as they fell and I still have not had a problem with my NVidia GTX 260. Do not only shut down when they overheat? I know that my friends had her 4850 fan died and the system simply turns off if you forget to blow a fan on the side of your case while playing a game. And make use of afterburner to manage your fan. Build a custom fan profile and set afterburner to start among windows.

How often hibernate Windows, though? The issue seems more likely to stop the fan when the system resumes from hibernation. Actually not. I am a little worried this driver could be damaged (or considerably shorten the life of) my card. I went reverse to elder drivers, the fan is running correctly once more, and the card appears fine, but Nvidia do everything to me if they did injure the card among these drivers?

I usually only sleep my workstation, the only when it goes off is at what time windows manages to sneak an inform start again past me or the control goes. I have been using the 260.99 's on both my desktop and laptop without any problems to speak of how you have been away. Moreover, I do not use hibernation, standby only. Have you measured the opportunity that it might be a hardware problem? This means that, probably, the fan may be dying or bad weld somewhere.

You can use another option as the recommended user, or somewhat like EVGA Precision and would solve the difficulty. You can also prevent using standby mode or Hybernation, since in his original post I think it says that at what time it happens often. You can also use a different driver. You have many solutions to your difficulty, of any point. If you do not wish for to use any of the solutions presented to you at the present time you have two options: continue to use your PC as is and hope for the best, or not using your PC and wait for a driver to be released unless somebody here know how to change drivers.