Thread: Which card is best GTX 570 or GTX 460 Superclocked?

Which card is best GTX 570 or GTX 460 Superclocked?

I want to buy new video card to accolade a sandy bridge build (2600K @ 4GHz, UD7, SSD, 1600ram, 650w-750w). I am Confused with the many choices out there, I'm completely lost on the graphics card issue. I come from a GeForce6600. Although I would enjoy spending around 150-250 for a card, you can also spend more than 350-400.I am looking for a card that squeal through PC games with ultra / high fan settings and visuals. Especially in Crysis, and I have not been playing this, I enjoy it as it should be and see what all the "visual clutter" is about. Factory Overclocking is fine, but I prefer some overhead for overclocking for future tests a little. I do not know what is best. I would play on my LCD native resolution of 1920x1080, so I'm guessing I need more than 1 GB of RAM on the card?? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Re: Which card is best GTX 570 or GTX 460 Superclocked?

Hello I hope it will help you. According to me you can save some money if you go with a stock 460 and overclock it yourself, maybe a 460 MSI Twin Frozr Edition. Seeing as MSI Afterburner permits voltage, and the Twin Frozr is very effective to cool the critical components of the card, you can easily get above 920 in the core, an increase of tension, of course. Otherwise, the superclocked 460 ftwee is very close to the maximum overclock of a stock 460.

According to me, go with the GTX 570. First, the 570 is the full version of Fermi, while the 460 is a smaller version. Second, the quality of construction of the 460 is awfully cheap. In recent times I helped my friend to install an EVGA GTX 460 EE and I was apprehensive it was disappearing to come separately just from holding it. I am not kidding. Thirdly, the 570 is obviously a greatly superior performer when it comes to gaming and will last much longer with more memory and shades.

These cards are midrange cards were not of high quality. Now that there has been an update to the generations that now sit lower to medium. In the same way that the GTX470 was high end, is now considering mid-range now, since the GTX570 is the new high-end, with the GTX580 in the top-end. I say it still has the HD6950/6970, I have been extremely fearful with mine so far, are actually very quiet, and really have not had any problems with the drivers yet (I know, I'm as surprised as you) with 10.12a . They are well priced, and where it actually matters, they are quite competitive with the GeForce yet.

GTX 460 can thump a GTX 470 overclocked and if it does not take a lot of settings to get good overclock. Obviously you can overclock a 470 too, but according to me you can take a 460 and get to 470 or slightly better performance at lower price point. In addition, the 460 has been the simplest card that I had the contentment of OC'ing in the last 4-5 years. Now I am not saying that there are cards of lower-middle range, but I think it is unwise to discharge it as a simple card "minor" mid-range, so you cannot hang with his brothers more robust. What surprised me more than 460 of these is that much of an update that has come from GTX 280 SLI. The performance level of the GTX 460 in SLI, and Fermi, in general, is exceptional and totally destroy the GTX 280 SLI performance.

According to my information 5xx series run much cooler, and for that reason are procedures recorded a slight higher. They also overclock much superior than the 4xx cards whenever did. Think of it as AMD and Intel with the release of its core, every time you went to a new step by step, the processors run cooler, it uses less energy, and so was able to overclock higher. There are significant advantages in the choice of 570 by 480 or 470.i hope now you are clear with your confusion. Thank you.