Thread: GTX 470 require random system reboots

GTX 470 require random system reboots

I have the strangest trouble. My GTX 470 will generate my PC crash and no other technique to recover than the hard reset. The strange fixation is that this problem never arrives when I'm playing, so intensely with using GPU. It only happens when using the PC desktop in 2D mode. I notice it approximating to happen more frequently to watch YouTube videos, sometimes it is totally random: using Word, or just iTunes. This makes me think there may be overheating, or lack of air flow in my system, because under stress benchmarks / games have never had any problem (same for my old GTX260). I think this is only a problem for drivers that Nvidia has not resolved yet, but I thought I would check with other people, who know a lot more than you can dream, should be concerned about my patient card or driver updates?i am using Asus m3n72-d motherboard with windows 7 x 64, and my processor is Intel 80gb SSD + 500gb HDD with 4 GB RAM.

re: GTX 470 require random system reboots

Hi even I am facing same problem. Fundamentally, the computer freezes, monitor turns to black, but everything is still standing, I cannot do anything with the PC. The only way to solve it is a hard reboot. I monitored the temperatures, the card does not get too hot all totally normal temps, and my power supply is more than enough for my system. Could be a driver issue? (New version of nvidia) I do not imagine it a coincidence that tends to occur when screening YouTube videos or when the system is mainly doing nothing. Please help me out to solve this problem.

Hello I think this information will help you to solve this problem. If it is possible you to join the second monitor to it, when gf 200+ series cards have two monitors linked which do not fall in 2 Dimension mode, but it still remain in low 3 Dimension mode. If it helps, then the problem would indeed be the 2 Dimension modes. Try this with your system and find out where is exactly problem is located. After doing this if it’s not working then try to search it on internet I am sure you will get solution on internet.

It looks like you require an RMA, but there is no way to know which component is still necessary. You Suspected video card but I'd like to cut some more. Run Memtest86 + overnight to rule out the memory. Use a different video card if possible for a few days to see if you still get crashes (could be the motherboard, too.) Power supply is another possibility, but again, the only way to test is whether a replacement or specialized testing equipment. It could be a driver issue, but I suspect a hardware malfunction in the first place.

My top 470 does the same thing once every 10 boot-up or reset. I can always inform because the two monitors associated to the card that are dim on me. Step through the drivers. I thought it had something to do with me spilling water all over my two cards when I was putting the game together as rookie cooling water, but maybe it's just a defect in some of the letters. It has not bothered me enough to do something about it and that never happen in games and I just RMA it when I want to resell. One thing I have noticed is that seems to happen more when the card is to enter the low power 3 Dimensional modes, but do not really know.

Well, today I heard that Windows 7 will not freeze; it's just that the screen goes black. I can still close the open applications Alt + F4 and set up a closing window with the power button on my PC case, it works correctly. And yes, I do not want to send it for RMA or less this is 100% a defective card, I have no replacement card for use in the meantime and I have another pc at this time. I try to see what Nvidia an official forum has to say about this issue.

Re: GTX 470 require random system reboots

After many problems I finally discovered. The theme of the 2D black screen was caused by Realtek drivers. I turn over driver and uninstall everything to put a new installation of the LAN 08 drivers then the last 9.10 audio drivers. The blue screen and accidents happens because of the card. I buy from Tiger Direct and RMAed two of them just in case. Its policy is great that he sent two letters and overnighted to me. I changed my motherboard and everything was fine. Since I got card for $ 220 each finished only keep 2 and now I'm running triple SLI with no problems.